Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions 1.44mb disk formated = 1.38mb left?? Post 43002 by G-wizz on Sunday 9th of November 2003 12:15:29 PM
Old 11-09-2003
Question 1.44mb disk formated = 1.38mb left??

I was formating a couple of floppy disks, to make room for a ftp install of suse. However, the files you are suposed to put on the floppys are 1.4 mb. I thought "Fine, I have a 1.44 mb disk here". But appearantly windows uses 600kb on....tmp files or something.
If anyone knows how I might fix this problem, I would be very grateful!

Thx
G-wizz

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Disk Formated with NTFS

HI All, My pc has two disks, One disk loaded with windows NT 2000 and redhat linux 7.2 dual boot. Another disk 80GB added and formated with NTFS file system. How to access the 80GB NTFS file system disk by booting linux os. Thanks in advance Bache Gowda (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much disk space left?

Hi, I need to allocate some space to a particular filesystem. I am Unix newbie ... please tell me how to find out how much disk space I have on a disk. I use df -b to check kb free on the filesystems. Then I thought I would use pvdisplay -v /dev/dsk/c5t2d6 but I couldn't work out how much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gummysweets
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

what left of the pattern

I have a script which loop through a directory then report any file matches the given pattern, say, the pattern is "a2006", this file would be returned a20061101.txt I would like to know how can I get the remaining of the filename, so a20061101txt - a2006 = 1101.txt Can anybody help? Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing tab-formated output of command w/bash

I have a command that when ran it will have an output such as string LongerString string2 longerString2 More MoreStrings seperated by tabs. The command lists domains and their accounts set up in my server admin software (interworx). The end result will be that it will run rsync for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweede
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find a formated o/p

hi i have a file which is having a.txt name aaa work business emp since 2oct office delhi name aba work business emp since 6oct name abc work shopper emp since ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a formated text file

Hi, I have written a BASH shell script (included below) which will allow me to monitor my blood pressure. The script computes the mean of 5 user input systolic, diastolic, and heart rate values. I would like the script to then append these three values to their respective columns in a text... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

No Space left On Device

Hi, We are trying to sort the 40GB file in unix and getting following error. Error: sort: can't write /var/tmp/stmAAAvsaGfJ.00002929: No space left on device sort -t ',' -k4 $DIR/INF_ff_FULL.dat >>$DIR/Sort_INF_ff_FULL.dat; 2>$DIR/sort_error.log Can you please advise how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Recover a mistaken swap-formated USB-HD

Hi! Installing the debian wheezy by netinstall my external USB-HD (2TB) is erroneously completly formated as swap-filesystem. I was to lazy to disconnect the USB-HD, so now i could kick myself . Is there any chance to rescue the data. I tried to find a way by using gparted: the whole HD is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File count from where it left??

i have this code num=1 dat10=`date "+%m/%d/%Y" -d "+10 days"` dat=`date "+%m/%d/%Y"` set -x grep "text=.&" /root/Softwares/apache-tomcat-5.5.30/logs/catalina.out|awk -F"from=" '{print $2}'|awk -F"opid" '{print $1}'|sort|uniq > pnos while read line do psql -U poss -d emsver -c "insert into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
3 Replies

10. AIX

How much resources is left on the P7?

I know that it is possible to login into the HMC console and view all the specs like, how much CPU/RAM every LPAR has. But how can I check how much the whole P7 has in total and how much is left to creat a new LPAR:wall: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DiViN3
5 Replies
GRUB-INSTALL(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   GRUB-INSTALL(1)

NAME
grub-install -- Install GRUB on a device. SYNOPSIS
grub-install [--modules=MODULES] [--install-modules=MODULES] [--themes=THEMES] [--fonts=FONTS] [--locales=LOCALES] [--compress[=no,xz,gz,lzo]] [-d | --directory=DIR] [--grub-mkimage=FILE] [--boot-directory=DIR] [--target=TARGET] [--grub-setup=FILE] [--grub-mkrelpath=FILE] [--grub-probe=FILE] [--allow-floppy] [--recheck] [--force] [--force-file-id] [--disk-module=MODULE] [--no-nvram] [--removable] [--bootloader-id=ID] [--efi-directory=DIR] INSTALL_DEVICE DESCRIPTION
grub-install installs GRUB onto a device. This includes copying GRUB images into the target directory (generally /boot/grub), and on some platforms may also include installing GRUB onto a boot sector. OPTIONS
--modules=MODULES Pre-load modules specified by MODULES. --install-modules=MODULES Install only MODULES and their dependencies. The default is to install all available modules. --themes=THEMES Install THEMES. The default is to install the starfield theme, if available. --fonts=FONTS Install FONTS. The default is to install the unicode font. --locales=LOCALES Install only locales listed in LOCALES. The default is to install all available locales. --compress=no,xz,gz,lzo Compress GRUB files using the specified compression algorithm. --directory=DIR Use images and modules in DIR. --grub-mkimage=FILE Use FILE as grub-mkimage. The default is /usr/bin/grub-mkimage. --boot-directory=DIR Use DIR as the boot directory. The default is /boot. GRUB will put its files in a subdirectory of this directory named grub. --target=TARGET Install GRUB for TARGET platform. The default is the platform grub-install is running on. --grub-setup=FILE Use FILE as grub-setup. The default is /usr/bin/grub-setup. --grub-mkrelpath=FILE Use FILE as grub-mkrelpath. The default is /usr/bin/grub-mkrelpath. --grub-probe=FILE Use FILE as grub-probe. The default is /usr/bin/grub-mkrelpath. --allow-floppy Make the device also bootable as a floppy. This option is the default for /dev/fdX devices. Some BIOSes will not boot images cre- ated with this option. --recheck Delete any existing device map and create a new one if necessary. --force Install even if problems are detected. --force-file-id Use identifier file even if UUID is available. --disk-module=MODULE Use MODULE for disk access. This allows you to manually specify either biosdisk or native disk access. This option is only avail- able on the BIOS target platform. --no-nvram Do not update the boot-device NVRAM variable. This option is only available on IEEE1275 target platforms. --removable Treat the target device as if it is removeable. This option is only available on the EFI target platform. --bootloader-id=ID Use ID as the bootloader ID. This opption is only available on the EFI target platform. --efi-directory=DIR Use DIR as the EFI System Partition root. This opption is only available on the EFI ta rget platform. INSTALL_DEVICE Install GRUB to the block device INSTALL_DEVICE. SEE ALSO
info grub Wed Feb 26 2014 GRUB-INSTALL(1)