Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: do i have a virus???
Special Forums Cybersecurity do i have a virus??? Post 4300 by mdma on Monday 23rd of July 2001 04:07:46 PM
Old 07-23-2001
do i have a virus???

nice board, makes interesting reading! glad to know im not the only one to have problems!! Smilie Smilie

last week, our database started to crash (run on unix / solaris) for no apparant reason. the problem seems to be intermiant which lead us to believe it may be a hardware problem causing the database problems.

aprox 6 weeks ago our sun console decided to reboot itself for no apparant reason, but seemed to be ok...thought no more of it.
this was followed a couple of weeks later the system going extremely slow, and when checking the "perf meter" there was a gravestone with R.I.P icon on it. as the perf had stopped responding we thought it was connected to the perf meter (we were aware of extra work being carried which could slow the system). this has now followed (after friday 13th july) with some d/b errors? is any1 able to throw any light on this. the sun box is connected to our novell server via nfs thus in theory giving it access to our emails etc etc

thank you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virus????????

i tought you can;t get virus in unix ? i have some admins buddys that work in bsd all he time and they sayed you can;t get viurs in unix is that true? download.com is putting virux updates out for mac OS X ................ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can linux get a virus on the boot sec from windows? becuse my buddys computer micro trend cmos virus keeps telling him that there is a boot sec virus on my hdd is that possable or is the box being dumb and looking at the linux boot as a virus? it was set up as a windows box not a linux... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virus detection

IS there virus software for unix? I worked in a Solaris environment and dont remember having anything. I also ask because the current enviroment i am working on is Microsoft and they argue that they do not use unix because of virus detection. Any input would be greatly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbonilla
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Worm Virus

I am running Unix SCO and have discovered the worm virus. It is enabled through a BIOS connections, I am able to get around it using telnet, believe it or not. - Can anyone recommend a virus scan software? - Has anyone successfully used a virus scan software on unix without a problem? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ana_cr32
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virus Software

I'm trying to find out what kind of virus software UNIX has, if any. Please let me know and please inform me of the prefered types. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GlockCW
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix and virus

why one normally hears tht virus has stuck windows and one does not hear that unix has been stuck by virus...wht make unix so powerfull tht virus does not stuck it. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: taurian1234
9 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

virus help:

:confused: folder option is dissapiaring in tool menu iam formatting c drive after removal of this virus & also regedit is also not opening the messerge say's administrater disabled with out formattiung how ican solve this problem i.e iwant to get folder options& regedit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
2 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Virus and Malware

How do i manage virus and melware in Unix ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suriano10
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows XP keeps getting virus

Hi All, My old laptop has Windows XP. I reinstalled only last month and installed AVG free anti-virus. It's like every month, I get some kind of spyware or virus issue. which anti-virus software you guys using? Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
8 Replies
PERF-BENCH(1)							    perf Manual 						     PERF-BENCH(1)

NAME
perf-bench - General framework for benchmark suites SYNOPSIS
perf bench [<common options>] <subsystem> <suite> [<options>] DESCRIPTION
This perf bench command is a general framework for benchmark suites. COMMON OPTIONS
-f, --format= Specify format style. Current available format styles are: default Default style. This is mainly for human reading. .ft C % perf bench sched pipe # with no style specified (executing 1000000 pipe operations between two tasks) Total time:5.855 sec 5.855061 usecs/op 170792 ops/sec .ft simple This simple style is friendly for automated processing by scripts. .ft C % perf bench --format=simple sched pipe # specified simple 5.988 .ft SUBSYSTEM
sched Scheduler and IPC mechanisms. mem Memory access performance. all All benchmark subsystems. SUITES FOR sched messaging Suite for evaluating performance of scheduler and IPC mechanisms. Based on hackbench by Rusty Russell. Options of messaging -p, --pipe Use pipe() instead of socketpair() -t, --thread Be multi thread instead of multi process -g, --group= Specify number of groups -l, --loop= Specify number of loops Example of messaging .ft C % perf bench sched messaging # run with default options (20 sender and receiver processes per group) (10 groups == 400 processes run) Total time:0.308 sec % perf bench sched messaging -t -g 20 # be multi-thread, with 20 groups (20 sender and receiver threads per group) (20 groups == 800 threads run) Total time:0.582 sec .ft pipe Suite for pipe() system call. Based on pipe-test-1m.c by Ingo Molnar. Options of pipe -l, --loop= Specify number of loops. Example of pipe .ft C % perf bench sched pipe (executing 1000000 pipe operations between two tasks) Total time:8.091 sec 8.091833 usecs/op 123581 ops/sec % perf bench sched pipe -l 1000 # loop 1000 (executing 1000 pipe operations between two tasks) Total time:0.016 sec 16.948000 usecs/op 59004 ops/sec .ft SUITES FOR mem memcpy Suite for evaluating performance of simple memory copy in various ways. Options of memcpy -l, --length Specify length of memory to copy (default: 1MB). Available units are B, KB, MB, GB and TB (case insensitive). -r, --routine Specify routine to copy (default: default). Available routines are depend on the architecture. On x86-64, x86-64-unrolled, x86-64-movsq and x86-64-movsb are supported. -i, --iterations Repeat memcpy invocation this number of times. -c, --cycle Use perf's cpu-cycles event instead of gettimeofday syscall. -o, --only-prefault Show only the result with page faults before memcpy. -n, --no-prefault Show only the result without page faults before memcpy. memset Suite for evaluating performance of simple memory set in various ways. Options of memset -l, --length Specify length of memory to set (default: 1MB). Available units are B, KB, MB, GB and TB (case insensitive). -r, --routine Specify routine to set (default: default). Available routines are depend on the architecture. On x86-64, x86-64-unrolled, x86-64-stosq and x86-64-stosb are supported. -i, --iterations Repeat memset invocation this number of times. -c, --cycle Use perf's cpu-cycles event instead of gettimeofday syscall. -o, --only-prefault Show only the result with page faults before memset. -n, --no-prefault Show only the result without page faults before memset. SEE ALSO
perf(1) perf 06/30/2014 PERF-BENCH(1)