Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users broadcasting failed 'su root' Post 42941 by Lazzar on Friday 7th of November 2003 09:50:21 AM
Old 11-07-2003
ah i forgot,
its happens with every other user too, not only root.

i'll check RTM's suggestions later, didnt have time yet Smilie

Lazzar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

radio broadcasting

hi I wanna make radio broadcasting from my web page. I am planning to use a linux server. I have no idea about how can I do :( I heard about RealPlayer can be used but ,unfortunatelly, I don't know how! Any suggestions and advices are welcome.... thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fnoyan
4 Replies

2. Programming

HELP broadcasting client IDs to network in C

I am trying to write a client server chat program in C and am unsure as to how I would broadcast all the users IDs over the network. At the moment I have the usernames stored in a array clientsock.cl_id, I am able to output this information to the server but am unsure how to transmit this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dooker
1 Replies

3. Solaris

SPARCstation 5 broadcasting

Hey guys...hopefully this will be a fairly easy one. I've got an old SPARCstation 5 running Sun 5.5.1 that I just hooked up to the network so that I can run HP OpenView. The box is working fine, but it is broadcasting as a boot server. In other words, when co-workers come in and get ready to log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SPARCstation is broadcasting as boot server

Hey guys...hopefully this will be a fairly easy one. I've got an old SPARCstation 5 running Sun 5.5.1 that I just hooked up to the network so that I can run HP OpenView. The box is working fine, but it is broadcasting as a boot server. In other words, when co-workers come in and get ready to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
2 Replies

5. AIX

Replace a Failed Root Disk in AIX

My root disk is failed and how to replace the root disk in AIX. Can u give a detailed explanation in step wise. Pls give the answer taking different scenarios. Regards Praveen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnu_mulakala
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Help: root partition crashed, fsck failed. Disk problem?

recently this sunfire 280R (solaris 10) is having problme, it was able to boot up, then all suddent, it failed, and I can't even mount the first disk which contains root partition when I boot up from cdrom. 2 X 36G hard drive, I scan first hard drive by "read", there is no bad block. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steeles
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Failed to recover root password in Solaris 10 on Sparc CPU Sun Ultra10

Failed to recover lost root password for Solaris SunSparc (On Sun Ultra10 - SPARC CPU Hardware, not x86 Intel CPU nor x64 AMD CPU) This Sun Ultra10 workstation comes with an old 6-in wafer probing station purchased from a Surplus equipment vendor. Computer: Sun Ultra 5/10 UPA/PCI... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: fromtexas0
21 Replies

8. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Home broadcasting station

Hi all, I have been searching application for setup a home broadcasting station via Internet. Follows are my search result; Freevo, GeeXboX, Auto-RadioX, Red5, CeBIT, Open Broadcaster etc. I haven't had any experience on their selection. Please shed me some light. Besides where can I find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
3 Replies

10. AIX

Upgrade to TL8 failed: bos.net.NFS.client 6.1.8.1 (usr: COMMITTED, root:

dears i am trying to upgrade the TL from TL7 to TL8 and i facing this issue AIX6.1 << End of Success Section >> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ BUILDDATE Verification ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies
PSPELL_NEW(3)								 1							     PSPELL_NEW(3)

pspell_new - Load a new dictionary

SYNOPSIS
int pspell_new (string $language, [string $spelling], [string $jargon], [string $encoding], [int $mode]) DESCRIPTION
pspell_new(3) opens up a new dictionary and returns the dictionary link identifier for use in other pspell functions. For more information and examples, check out inline manual pspell website:http://aspell.net/. PARAMETERS
o $language - The language parameter is the language code which consists of the two letter ISO 639 language code and an optional two letter ISO 3166 country code after a dash or underscore. o $spelling - The spelling parameter is the requested spelling for languages with more than one spelling such as English. Known values are 'american', 'british', and 'canadian'. o $jargon - The jargon parameter contains extra information to distinguish two different words lists that have the same language and spell- ing parameters. o $encoding - The encoding parameter is the encoding that words are expected to be in. Valid values are 'utf-8', 'iso8859-*', 'koi8-r', 'viscii', 'cp1252', 'machine unsigned 16', 'machine unsigned 32'. This parameter is largely untested, so be careful when using. o $mode - The mode parameter is the mode in which spellchecker will work. There are several modes available: o PSPELL_FAST - Fast mode (least number of suggestions) o PSPELL_NORMAL - Normal mode (more suggestions) o PSPELL_BAD_SPELLERS - Slow mode (a lot of suggestions) o PSPELL_RUN_TOGETHER - Consider run-together words as legal compounds. That is, "thecat" will be a legal compound, although there should be a space between the two words. Changing this setting only affects the results returned by pspell_check(3); pspell_suggest(3) will still return suggestions. Mode is a bitmask constructed from different constants listed above. However, PSPELL_FAST, PSPELL_NORMAL and PSPELL_BAD_SPELLERS are mutually exclusive, so you should select only one of them. RETURN VALUES
Returns the dictionary link identifier on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pspell_new(3) <?php $pspell_link = pspell_new("en", "", "", "", (PSPELL_FAST|PSPELL_RUN_TOGETHER)); ?> PHP Documentation Group PSPELL_NEW(3)