Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users determining ethernet port speed in solaris Post 42925 by Perderabo on Friday 7th of November 2003 05:06:27 AM
Old 11-07-2003
Look at the man page for the driver it's using. Fast ethernet drivers will have features to change speed and turn autoneg on and off. The only fast 4-port card I know is qfe and "man qfe" describes what it can do. But there may be others.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX - Determining link speed

I am trying to find a command to return the "link" speed of the networks installed on AIX. ifconfig - gives me where the link is up and the duplex setting. I need to determine for example if the ethernet connection is 10, 100, 1000 Mbs or what the current speed is based on the network media... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlgo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i see ethernet card speed in solars

hai this is nagesh when i was doing practical , i find some dought. iam using solaris 9. how can i see the ethernet card speed , wheather it is halfduplex or full duplex.any body please help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Reg. Ethernet port

Hi Friends, I am using intel system installed solaris 10, when i check ifconfig -a it doesn't show any thing eg-for HP servers hme0, for sun servers-iprb0. for me it doesn't show any thing, and tell me what files to be modified. Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kurva
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Ethernet Port Name

I have a new Sun 440 and I am trying to configure it. Non of the Ethernet ports are enabled; when I issue "ifconfig -a" it returns nothing. Is there a way to know the available port name (e.g. ce, bge, etc.) by running a command or so ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Duplicating ethernet speed

Hi guys, Suppose you have a server with two ethernet cards (1GB each) and each cards are connecting to two different switches cisco 3750. My question is: How can I setup my server's network interfaces to increase the throughput up to 2GB? is it possible? If not, do you know another way to up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determine the ethernet (NIC) card speed.

Hi, Does anyone know how can I determine the maximum capable speed on a network interface card for different OS like HP, Sun, AIX and Linux. I am aware of the tool "ethtool" which can be used for Linux. Are there any handly commands or /proc files where I can get this info depending on the OS.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devtakh
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining Disk Speed

Hi, I went to a computer store and the salesman sold me a SATA cable and told me that all SATA cables are the same. Another salesman at a different store told me a cable rated for SATA 2, which I bought, MIGHT work as well as one rate for SATA 3 but it is not guaranteed. I decided to run a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 4.2 increase ethernet speed

Hello. I have a server RS/6000 with AIX 4.2. The server have a network card with 10/100mbps speed, but for some reason, the ethernet only runs at 10Mbps, it doesn,t matter if I put the net cable on a 100Mbps switch, it keeps running at 10Mbps speed.... I know how to view/change ethernet speed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_ball
1 Replies
EPIC-DIAG(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      EPIC-DIAG(8)

NAME
epic-diag - EEPROM setup and diagnostic program for SMC EtherPowerII ethernet cards and others. SYNOPSIS
epic-diag [options] DESCRIPTION
epic-diag is a program that you can use to diagnose problems with ethernet cards based on the SMC83C170 series EPIC/100 chip, as used on the SMC EtherPowerII boards. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. -V, --version Show version of program. -v, --verbose Verbose mode. -q, --quiet Be very unverbose. -# <cardnum> Use card number <cardnum>. -a, --show_all_registers Print all registers. -e, --show-eeprom Dump EEPROM contents to stdout. -E, --emergency-rewrite Re-write a corrupted EEPROM. -p, --port-base <port> Specify port to use. -A, --Advertise <mediaype> Advertise media type. Valid Options are: 10baseT, 100baseT4, 100baseTx, 100baseTx-FD, 100baseTx-HD, 10baseT-FD and 10baseHD. -F, --new-interface <interface> Interface number. Options that make sense are: 10baseT, 10base2, AUI, 100baseTx, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTx-FDX, 100baseT4, 100baseFx, 100baseFx-FDX, MII and Autosense. -H, --new-hwaddress <address> Set card to a new hardware address. -m, --show-mii Dump MII management registers. -R, --reset Reset the transceiver. -T, --test Do register and SRAM test. -w, --write-EEPROM <values> Write to the EEPROMS with the specified values. Do not use this, if you do not know what you do! -f, --force-detection Try to identify the card, even if it is active. -t, --chip-type <card> Explicitly set the chip. To get all valid numbers, run epic-diag with the options '-t -1'. SEE ALSO
mii-diag(8) AUTHOR
epic-diag was written and is still maintained by Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com>. This manual page was written by Alain Schroeder <alain@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). February 18, 2002 EPIC-DIAG(8)