Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Your Opinion requested
Operating Systems Solaris Your Opinion requested Post 42902 by Optimus_P on Thursday 6th of November 2003 04:37:01 PM
Old 11-06-2003
what about makeing the product yourself?

perl can handle this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Need your help and opinion

Hey all, I'm brand new to Unix/Linux and have a couple of questions. I own a small education/consulting company that has a staff of approx. 50 employees. Most our work is geared towards the office-style environment (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). There are also some C and Java programmers... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennie1
4 Replies

2. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

help requested: procmail receipes

Hello all. I want some help procmail receipe. I tried to get some mails' sender and receiptient. Then tried to send them a bash script. But it didnot work. I try a lot of variation of the below receipe. Could anyone can help what is wrong on my receipe? Or if the recepie is correct what can be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedi
0 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Opinion

Hi, I am new at this site and at unix. I was reading some answers that the administrators and moderators have posted to others, and sometimes I feel like their a little sarcastic. I am asking just to be patient to me, I know nothing about unix but I do want to learn, and I think that positive... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: HN19
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

second opinion on sed script

i'm trying to figure out a script that uses sed, and i'm not totally sure if it does what I think it does. The script... - takes in 3 inputs, $1, $2 are names. $3 is a file. - filename is a file. Here is what I'm trying to figure out: cat $3 | grep "id17" > var2 sed "s|@@.*||g" var2 >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gammaman
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK issue--> Help requested

Fairly new scripter so please bare with me if what I have done below is not according to standards. Okay...heres what I am trying to do. I have a pattern that I need to search for in a directory. This gives me a list of files that includes a control file that contains totals of the line nos for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help requested for a script with sed

Hello Folks, I would very much appreciate if I could get help/suggestions on a particular sed usage. I have to write a script to take version info from a version file, compute the image name, print error if the image does not exist. The version file looks like below: " # # version.cfg #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fatimap
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expert Opinion

This perhaps does not belong in ths category; apologies, however, we have a heated debate going and your input will decide the result. Should UNIX (HP, AIX, etc) be rebooted following a monthly cycle (Every month, or a qtr, etc.). We have some UX admins (grumps) who say they have seen a UX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on sed requested

Hi I have a problem to resolve, I think sed is the best option, and I am not successful yet. Have a UNIX file which has records as of the 2 character state codes like NY NJ PA DE From the file I need to create this as a variable in the same script or another file -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snair2010
7 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Something in my mind - what's your opinion ?

Dear Forum staff / Advisors / members , I am having something in my mind, about Linux / Unix possible Interview questions collections, I guess if I post them here,which might be useful for our members and for students, and in meantime we can discuss also about those questions, what's your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Script HELP Requested.

Hello ALL , i am requesting help on for this script i am preparing to get the result of a query in a excel sheet : current Error: Script : NO Excel file created. requesting to know where i am going wrong. #!/bin/ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anirudhkashikar
2 Replies
newinv(1)						      General Commands Manual							 newinv(1)

NAME
newinv - Updates distribution kit master inventory SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/newinv mi-file input-path... OPERANDS
The pathname of the master inventory file to be processed. If no master inventory file exists, you must create an empty one before using the newinv command. The name of the product hierarchy to be scanned for files belonging in the inventory. All files and directories found below the input-path are processed as belonging in the inventory. DESCRIPTION
The newinv command interactively maintains the master inventory files used for producing distribution kits in setld format. The program updates the master inventory for a product when changes are made to the hierarchy of files that are to be packaged in the subsets which constitute the product. The product hierarchy is scanned to produce a list of component path names relative to input-path. The list of pathnames is processed against the mi-file to produce a list of files that have been removed from the product hierarchy and a list of files that have been added. The user is then given an opportunity to intervene and direct the inventory maintenance by editing these lists. The user is placed in the editor with each list available for editing. The editor used is the one specified by the EDITOR environment variable. If EDITOR is not set, vi is used. When editing the list of files that have been removed from the product, the user is expected to verify that the removals were intentional and confirm the intent by removing the associated records from the file. When editing the list of added files, the user is expected to provide options and subset information for each new file, transforming the elements of the list into master inventory records. To produce a new copy of the master inventory file, both of these lists are merged with the records for the files which existed in the pre- vious version and are still included. RESTRICTIONS
The default text editor, if not specified in $EDITOR, is /usr/ucb/vi. Files in the product hierarchy cannot be excluded from the master inventory. Files can be blocked from being kitted in the final distribu- tion kit by setting the subset field of the master inventory record to a minus sign (-). ERRORS
The mi-file specified on the command line cannot be found. The input-path directory specified on the command line does not exist. EXAMPLES
To update the hypothetical master inventory file OAT100.mi from the hierarchy beginning at /var/kits/input, type: newinv OAT100.mi /var/kits/input FILES
Backup copy of master inventory The list of files missing from the product The list of files new to the product Intermediate join file List of all files in the product SEE ALSO
invcutter(1), kits(1), vi(1), setld(8) stl_mi(4) environ(5) Guide to Preparing Product Kits newinv(1)