Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle stored procedure.
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Oracle stored procedure. Post 42860 by google on Wednesday 5th of November 2003 12:39:47 PM
Old 11-05-2003
Thats a good tip, didnt know about the user_source table. I typically use SQL Navigator which is a front end tool to the database. Nevertheless, its cool to know the command line options that you have. Thanks Ygor!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute an Oracle stored procedure from a shell scrip

Here is a snippet of my code: if then echo "\n Deleting all reports older than 24 hours. \n" >> $logfile ls -l $FileName >> $logfile ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell arrays in oracle stored procedure

Is it possible to pass unix shell arrays in Oracle stored procedure? Is yes, how? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprogrammer
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an Oracle Stored Procedure from Unix shell script

hai, can anybody say how to call or to execute an oracle stored procedure in oracle from unix... thanks in advance.... for ur reply.... by, leo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leojhose
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking Oracle stored procedure in unix shell script

Here's a shell script snippet..... cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin Retval=`sqlplus -s <<eof $TPDB_USER/april@$TPD_DBCONN whenever SQLERROR exit 2 rollback whenever OSERROR exit 3 rollback set serveroutput on set pages 999 var status_desc char(200) var status_code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hidnana
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass the values to unix shell from the oracle stored procedure.

Hi i am calling a stored procedure from unix shell like this call test_proc('0002','20100218'); the stored procedure was giving output like this dbms_output.put_line(' processed earlier'); i want to see the output in the unix shell where i called. Thanks barani (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call oracle stored procedure from unix shell

Hi i want to call a oracle stored procedure from unix (using bash shell). consider this is my oracle stored procedure with parameter create procedure testproc(name IN varchar, age IN Number, id OUT Number ) AS begin id=1; dbms_output.put.line('successfull validation') end;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call and redirect output of Oracle stored procedure from unix script

Hi, Can you assist me in how to redirect the output of oracle stored procedure from unix script? Something similar to what i did for sybase isql -U$MYDBLOG -D$MYDBNAME -S$MYDBSVR -P$MYDBPWD -o$MYFILE<< %% proc_my_test 8 go %% Thanks in advance - jak (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run Oracle stored procedure from UNIX env

Hi Everyone, I want to create a script where i need to run the oracle stored procedure from unix script and get the output(sequence number ) into a variable which i will pass in my datastage job. Below is my stored procedure:- DECLARE P_TRANSTYPE VARCHAR2(20); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Oracle stored procedure from ksh script

Friends, I'm newbie with ksh so wanting some help.... 1. I'm trying to call oracle stored procedure from ksh script by taking variable value from runtime, feed into script and execute procedure. 2. Put name1 and name2 value from script run replacing $3 & $4 I'm trying to put name1 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homer4all
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh and Oracle stored procedure output in logfile

Friends, I pass some runtime arguments (date, number) through ksh script to Oracle procedure, use input value and pass it on to procedure. Oracle procedure gets input value, run query and logs everything in the logfile. I'm facing with couple of challenges 1. Even though I pass all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: homer4all
5 Replies
CREATEDB(1)						  PostgreSQL Client Applications					       CREATEDB(1)

NAME
createdb - create a new PostgreSQL database SYNOPSIS
createdb [ options... ] [ dbname ] [ description ] DESCRIPTION
createdb creates a new PostgreSQL database. Normally, the database user who executes this command becomes the owner of the new database. However a different owner can be specified via the -O option, if the executing user has appropriate privileges. createdb is a shell script wrapper around the SQL command CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)] via the PostgreSQL interactive terminal psql(1). Thus, there is nothing special about creating databases via this or other methods. This means that the psql program must be found by the script and that a database server must be running at the targeted port. Also, any default settings and environment variables avail- able to psql and the libpq front-end library will apply. OPTIONS
createdb accepts the following command-line arguments: dbname Specifies the name of the database to be created. The name must be unique among all PostgreSQL databases in this installation. The default is to create a database with the same name as the current system user. description This optionally specifies a comment to be associated with the newly created database. -D location --location location Specifies the alternative location for the database. See also initlocation(1). -e --echo Echo the queries that createdb generates and sends to the server. -E encoding --encoding encoding Specifies the character encoding scheme to be used in this database. -O owner --owner owner Specifies the database user who will own the new database. -q --quiet Do not display a response. -T template --template template Specifies the template database from which to build this database. The options -D, -E, -O, and -T correspond to options of the underlying SQL command CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)]; see there for more information about them. createdb also accepts the following command-line arguments for connection parameters: -h host --host host Specifies the host name of the machine on which the server is running. If host begins with a slash, it is used as the directory for the Unix domain socket. -p port --port port Specifies the Internet TCP/IP port or the local Unix domain socket file extension on which the server is listening for connections. -U username --username username User name to connect as -W --password Force password prompt. DIAGNOSTICS
CREATE DATABASE The database was successfully created. createdb: Database creation failed. (Says it all.) createdb: Comment creation failed. (Database was created.) The comment/description for the database could not be created. The database itself will have been created already. You can use the SQL command COMMENT ON DATABASE to create the comment later on. If there is an error condition, the backend error message will be displayed. See CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)] and psql(1) for pos- sibilities. ENVIRONMENT
PGDATABASE If set, the name of the database to create, unless overridden on the command line. PGHOST PGPORT PGUSER Default connection parameters. PGUSER also determines the name of the database to create, if it is not specified on the command line or by PGDATABASE. EXAMPLES
To create the database demo using the default database server: $ createdb demo CREATE DATABASE The response is the same as you would have gotten from running the CREATE DATABASE SQL command. To create the database demo using the server on host eden, port 5000, using the LATIN1 encoding scheme with a look at the underlying query: $ createdb -p 5000 -h eden -E LATIN1 -e demo CREATE DATABASE "demo" WITH ENCODING = 'LATIN1' CREATE DATABASE SEE ALSO
dropdb(1), CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)] Application 2002-11-22 CREATEDB(1)