Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Start Up Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Start Up Script Post 4278 by suntan on Monday 23rd of July 2001 10:03:44 AM
Old 07-23-2001
Thanks guys. I am fully aware of the S & K scripts.In my last company we had start and shutdown scripts for oracle, infact for all applications. I will write the scripts and see how it goes. Thanks again for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Start/Stop Script

I'm a newbie to the Unix world Help! I have to maintain a host of Sybase database servers sitting on Unix Sun Solaris 8...I've been tasked with finding/creating a way to auto start/stop Unix via unix commands, specifically when the Unix servers need to be restarted we want Sybase to start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjv1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start up script

Hello, I have a script that starts a type of web server that I need to get to start up at startup, I would like to keep the current script in its directory and not stick it in the rc directorys. So really I want a shell script that will execute the web server script at startup. I dont really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr Pink
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

start a script from another tty

Hello all, im quite new to linux and was wonder if there was a way to start a script e.g. ./script1 on another tty for example im on /dev/pts/0 and i want to start a script called ./script1 on /dev/pts/1 but without actually typing directly into pts1 only into pts0 :) how would i go about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moka
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Where is xwindow start script

I am using a Mandrake spinoff (PCLinux) and would like to have a yakuake terminal started when I launch xwin. Where is the start up script? Thanks JZ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start program in background (or start crontab ahead of time)

Hey! I'm working on a script that will add a user, create some configfiles, and add a crontab for the user. The crontab looks like the following: @reboot /home/user/program config.conf & I would like for this process to start at the end of my script under the corresponding username by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use Webpage to Start Script

I apologize if this is in the incorrect section, I'm not quite sure which section it should go in. Anyways... I've got a script that I'd like to be able to start with a webpage, something that just has a button that says "Start this Bot", which will start the bot and put it in the background.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeGazz84
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put Script on Start-up the sh Terminal

Hi all I want to put this script on start-up the sh Terminal to save history of output: if ; then logdir=$HOME/terminal-logs if ; then mkdir $logdir fi gzip -q $logdir/*.log logfile=$logdir/$(date +%F_%T).$$.log ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahim_T
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start up init d script

Hi All, I'm trying to build a start up script, wud be gr8 if any one can explain what the below field means and how can i check it for my script. DAEMON_PATH="/home/wes/Development/projects/myapp" DAEMON=myapp DAEMONOPTS="-my opts" NAME=myapp DESC="My daemon description"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karthick N
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to start process

Hi I want to create a script to be able to check if a process is running and act on it. Essentially I want to: Check acc process status /opt/ca/APMCommandCenterController./apmccctrl.sh status If process found not to be running Execute start command... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Systemd cant start my script

Hi, systemd cant start my script, but it work, at command prompt. Code and execute at command prompt #cat collector.sh #!/bin/bash case $1 in start) /home/postgres/scripts/pgwatch2/pgwatch2.sh /home/postgres/scripts/pgwatch2/pgwatch2_UI.sh ;; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvaikla
7 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)