Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: whats the correct software?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers whats the correct software? Post 42767 by s93366 on Tuesday 4th of November 2003 04:06:34 AM
Old 11-04-2003
I like mplayer for playing movies..

can play all formats i know of.. Smilie (With the right codes of course!)
/Peter

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats does this mean

Found this piece of code written in ksh. I have no ideas what do the stuff like ${SRF##*\.} do. SUFFIX=${SRF##*\.} if ; then SUFFIX="" fi I have encountered similar expressions in other programs also. Any pointers on where to learn more about these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Whats the go?

woofie, Your posts are being deleted because your use of profanity. I am close to changing your status to read only. In fact, if you argue with the mods again, I will ban you from these boards. Neo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Whats Behind Your Name?

Looking at the member list, there are alot of interesting names, some unique, some bizarre, and some that are just plain. How did you come by your name? Why did you choose your label? Me? Well, I wish I could change mine. I chose Google because thats how I stumbled upon this site. I wasn't sure... (66 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
66 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats this NAME=${0##*/}

hi all, i found NAME=${0##*/} in a script. i given this coomand in my unix box(presently in ksh). echo ${0##*/} it returned ksh. the purpose of the above is to return the shell name or more than that. do you have any more information like this, please share with me. one more query... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

##*_ - whats this?

Hi all, could you please tell me whats this stands ##*_ 0##*/ i knew this alone if some more is there please tell me that also. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to know which software is correct?

I am using Quote: # uname -a 'Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.32-220.el6.i686 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6 16:15:40 GMT 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux I want to install an vlc software as well as some other softwares on my system (on centos-6.2). when I googled to find out the softwares their is big list... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kiran ursal
1 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Whats the best new monitoring software

Hi All We have a new site going live. with 80 switches , 10 servers We have used nagios ,icinga,mrtg and others what do users think is the best new software worth a look? thanks Richard (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdunne
1 Replies
PianoBooster(6) 														   PianoBooster(6)

NAME
pianobooster - learn the piano just by playing a game DESCRIPTION
Piano Booster is piano teaching software that can provide piano lessons for beginners as well as for advanced players. It can be used for teaching music theory and is useful for piano practice and learning piano technique. SYNOPSIS
pianobooster [flags] [midifile] OPTIONS
-d Increase the debug level -q Quick start -h, --help Display a help message -v Display the version number and exit USAGE
Piano Booster is a fun way of playing along with a musical accompaniment and at the same time learning the basics of reading musical nota- tion. The difference between playing along to a CD or a standard midi file is that Piano Booster listens and follows what you are playing on a midi piano keyboard. The program has been designed to allow you to play along on a midi piano keyboard with the scrolling notes shown on the screen. The notes you press on the keyboard appear as coloured lines on the musical stave, the colour of which depends whether you have pressed the right or wrong note. A different musical instrument sound is used for your playing depending whether you are playing the right or wrong notes. This feature also allows Piano Booster to be used with printed sheet music so you can hear if you are playing the right notes while at the same time keeping your eyes on the printed score. The music accompaniment will automatically wait for you to find and play the correct notes in the piece. Timing markers show whether you are playing ahead or behind of the beat. They appear as white crosses that are drawn over the note. FEATURES
- Piano Booster follows you when playing along to a musical accompaniment. If you stop, then so does the music. - Play a single hand and Piano Booster will play the other hand, as well as the rest of instruments, in time with you. - Change the speed of playback to match your playing ability. - Transpose +/- 12 semitones without stopping the play back. - Change the Key Signature of the piece. - Plays any standard midi or kar file. - Play along to any instrument in the midi file. - Adjust the volume of the current part or the volume your piano part. - See how accurate you're playing. - Change the start bar to start playing from any bar in the music. The repeat bars allows you to practice just a few difficult bars contin- uously. - Timing markers are white crosses that are drawn over each note and show if you are playing ahead or behind the beat. - A different instrument sound is used for the right and wrong notes that you play. SEE ALSO
You can find more about the game on its homepage: http://pianobooster.sourceforge.net/ AUTHOR
The game has been written by Louis J. Barman <louisjb@users.sourceforge.net>. This manual page was written by Miriam Ruiz <lit- tle_miry@yahoo.es> for the Debian project. PianoBooster(6)