Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: creating domains
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers creating domains Post 42738 by Optimus_P on Monday 3rd of November 2003 01:41:20 PM
Old 11-03-2003
3 questions:

what do you mean setting up DNS?
are you talking as in setting up a DNS server?
or just useing DNS?

Oreilly has a really good book on DNS and BIND. i would go take a look at it very informative.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating Domains on Intel platform

I'm trying to ling three solaris 8 machines on to one domain. I have DNS up and running. Do not know how to get them all on the same domain. Any Suggestions are appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deuce
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple domains

Hello, I have 3 domains virtually hosted "name based" the first one "domain1.com" has its ServerName entered as domain1.com. this domain will load in a browser by www.domain1.com or simply domain1.com. the next two domains "domain2.com" and "domain3.com" ServerNames are listed as domain2.com and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericg
2 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

DNS Free for Five Domains

We have had a great experience recently with these folks: http://www.zoneedit.com/ and highly recommend them. You can set up and manage the DNS for five free domains there, both primary and secondary. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

blocking domains

Dear All , Kindly note I have sun solaries 7 . I want to block a domain who keep sending emails to my domain and users . thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
1 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Verisign and the .com and .net domains

You probably have heard about Verisign's recent controversial action. If not, here is one link. I hope that you also know that the latest version of BIND has been released and it includes the ability to reject undelegated responses from top level domains except for a few that you can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Different Nameservers for Different Domains?

I have a system that is connected to a private network with its own DNS (call it "privnet."), and is also connected to the Internet on a separate interface. Is it possible to convince this server to query the private nameserver for the private network's domain (e.g. "host foo.privnet."), and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sub domains from report

Hi, I have a report containing severals organization's email address. The address contain several sub domains, and i need to pull those out. mail domain ( example.com) .................. The report column contain mail address in this format : john1@sub1.example.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Two separate domains - and files

Hi, I've been asked to 'troubleshoot' a webserver where two different TLDs are being served. Or to be more accurate, 'domain.com' and 'domain.fr'. So we have /var/www/domain.com /var/www/domain.fr And then for some reason, the httpd.conf file points to two different configuration files.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidm123SED
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

VLANs and their domains

Hey everyone. I work in a data center, and I'm working on getting my CCNA. Now when I read articles on the idea of VLAN's it makes sense. Especially if you have multiple switches daisy chained in multiple locations. My two main questions though are that most of these examples use PC's as examples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
2 Replies
avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)				      System Manager's Manual					  avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)

NAME
avahi-dnsconfd.action - avahi-dnsconfd action script SYNOPSIS
/home/lennart/tmp/avahi/etc/avahi/avahi-dnsconfd.action DESCRIPTION
avahi-dnsconfd.action is the action script that is called whenever a new unicast DNS server is found or removed by avahi-dnsconfd. The default script as shipped with avahi patches /etc/resolv.conf to reflect the changed unicast DNS server configuration. PARAMETERS
argv[1] Contains the character "+" if the DNS server is new, "-" when it shall be removed from the DNS server list. argv[2] The IP address of the DNS server. argv[3] Numerical network interface number this DNS server was found on. argv[4] Numerical protocol number this DNS server was found on. (usually 2 for IPv4 and 10 for IPv6) ENVIRONMENT
AVAHI_INTERFACE Contains the textual interface name the corresponds with argv[3]. (e.g. "eth0") AVAHI_INTERFACE_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS servers that avahi-dnsconfd found on the interface $AVAHI_INTERFACE, separated by spaces. AVAHI_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS server that avahi-dnsconfd found on all interfaces, separated by spaces. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-dnsconfd(8), avahi-daemon(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)