Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Performance tests
Operating Systems Solaris Performance tests Post 42631 by Optimus_P on Friday 31st of October 2003 02:27:26 PM
Old 10-31-2003
define slowness.

i/o slowness
or is it laggy when your typeing?

you can use vmstat, iostat, netstat

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Tests of AMD's 64-bit PCs: Fastest yet

FYI: http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/09/24/amd.athlon.ap/index.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Linux Benchmarks

Tests

Dhrystone 2 without register variables 858767.1 lps (10 secs, 6 samples) Dhrystone 2 using register variables 879713.0 lps (10 secs, 6 samples) Arithmetic Test (type = arithoh) 2880633.4 lps (10 secs, 6 samples) Arithmetic Test (type = register) 166883.2 lps (10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiwi_bloke
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting tests

hi all, i will have a shell scripting exam by thursday and i need a solved exams to get ready for my exam.that is very important for me.i really appreciate your help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaimaa
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tests for existence of files/directories

Hi, - The first question I have concerns a very fundamental aspect of a unix OS. Specifically, does unix treat everything as a file (ie a directory is just a type of file)? - The reason I ask is that I am trying to determine which BASH unary operator I would to use to determine whether or not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining awk tests

It would be convenient to be able to combine awk tests. For example, suppose that I do this query: awk '$1 != "Bob" || $1 != "Linda" {print $2}' datafileIs there a reasonable way to combine the conditions into a single statement? For example, in egrep, I can do: egrep -v "Bob|Linda"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What am I doing wrong in awk with multiple tests?

awk -v pat="$pattern" 'NR == 1 {print $0}; $0 ~ pat {print $0}' infile.csv > outfile.csv The first row of my file contains headers so I want them. Otherwise, I want only lines containing the BASH variable pattern which I am passing to awk with -v. This is giving me all the lines containing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH Grouping tests in IF statement

Ok I got the following to work by removing the parentheses arount $year and it works. Can a kind soul please explain this behavior. Also, to my topic question, am I using curly braces correctly in the IF statement? The intent is to check for a leap year. If the year is divisible by 400 then no need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riker1204
6 Replies
CRASHINFO(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      CRASHINFO(8)

NAME
crashinfo -- analyze a core dump of the operating system SYNOPSIS
crashinfo [-d crashdir] [-n dumpnr] [-k kernel] [core] DESCRIPTION
The crashinfo utility analyzes a core dump saved by savecore(8). It generates a text file containing the analysis in the same directory as the core dump. For a given core dump file named vmcore.XX the generated text file will be named core.txt.XX. By default, crashinfo analyzes the most recent core dump in the core dump directory. A specific core dump may be specified via either the core or dumpnr arguments. Once crashinfo has located a core dump, it analyzes the core dump to determine the exact version of the kernel that generated the core. It then looks for a matching kernel file under each of the subdirectories in /boot. The location of the kernel file can also be explicitly provided via the kernel argument. Once crashinfo has located a core dump and kernel, it uses several utilities to analyze the core including dmesg(8), fstat(1), iostat(8), ipcs(1), kgdb(1), netstat(1), nfsstat(1), ps(1), pstat(8), and vmstat(8). The options are as follows: -d crashdir Specify an alternate core dump directory. The default crash dump directory is /var/crash. -n dumpnr Use the core dump saved in vmcore.dumpnr instead of the latest core in the core dump directory. -k kernel Specify an explicit kernel file. SEE ALSO
textdump(4), savecore(8) HISTORY
The crashinfo utility appeared in FreeBSD 6.4. BSD
June 28, 2008 BSD