Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Performance tests
Operating Systems Solaris Performance tests Post 42627 by eloquent99 on Friday 31st of October 2003 01:24:23 PM
Old 10-31-2003
Performance tests

Lately one of our clients have been complaining of slowness. I really don't think its their pc's because all of them have had the slownes. I think its the Unix server we use (Solaris 8 Sparc).

Are there any ways I could check on the server with commands to see if its slower then usual

Thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Tests of AMD's 64-bit PCs: Fastest yet

FYI: http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/09/24/amd.athlon.ap/index.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Linux Benchmarks

Tests

Dhrystone 2 without register variables 858767.1 lps (10 secs, 6 samples) Dhrystone 2 using register variables 879713.0 lps (10 secs, 6 samples) Arithmetic Test (type = arithoh) 2880633.4 lps (10 secs, 6 samples) Arithmetic Test (type = register) 166883.2 lps (10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiwi_bloke
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting tests

hi all, i will have a shell scripting exam by thursday and i need a solved exams to get ready for my exam.that is very important for me.i really appreciate your help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaimaa
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tests for existence of files/directories

Hi, - The first question I have concerns a very fundamental aspect of a unix OS. Specifically, does unix treat everything as a file (ie a directory is just a type of file)? - The reason I ask is that I am trying to determine which BASH unary operator I would to use to determine whether or not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining awk tests

It would be convenient to be able to combine awk tests. For example, suppose that I do this query: awk '$1 != "Bob" || $1 != "Linda" {print $2}' datafileIs there a reasonable way to combine the conditions into a single statement? For example, in egrep, I can do: egrep -v "Bob|Linda"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What am I doing wrong in awk with multiple tests?

awk -v pat="$pattern" 'NR == 1 {print $0}; $0 ~ pat {print $0}' infile.csv > outfile.csv The first row of my file contains headers so I want them. Otherwise, I want only lines containing the BASH variable pattern which I am passing to awk with -v. This is giving me all the lines containing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH Grouping tests in IF statement

Ok I got the following to work by removing the parentheses arount $year and it works. Can a kind soul please explain this behavior. Also, to my topic question, am I using curly braces correctly in the IF statement? The intent is to check for a leap year. If the year is divisible by 400 then no need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riker1204
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)