Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Form Feed...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Form Feed... Post 42559 by johnny_woo on Thursday 30th of October 2003 09:44:47 PM
Old 10-30-2003
Form Feed...

Hi,

I've a text file that has a formfeed character at the beginning.
I want to get rid of this formfeed character using sed.

But I don't know how to specify the formfeed character.
I've tried \014 (octal for formfeed), \f but still not works.

Regards,

Johnny

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable form feed on a serial printer connected to Sco OpenServer

I connected a serial printer to my scoOpenServer which works great. I was able to disable the banner in the interface of the printer. However i am unable to find the command in the interface to disable the formfeed . Below is a copy of the interface file. Please can anyone instruct me on how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scoman2
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Page feed in Troff

Hi, does anyone knows how to give the page feed command to Printer in troff. Actually I want to implement the functionality where I'll print say 10 pages and I want user to stop printer at 5th page to do manual feed by user .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpmore
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace last form feed with line feed

Hi I have a file with lots of line feeds and form feeds (page break). Need to replace last occurrence of form feed (created by - echo "\f" ) in the file with line feed. Please advise how can i achieve this. TIA Prvn (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

5. AIX

Printer delay before final form feed

Hi, I am new to printing with Unix (AIX on HP). I am printing from a COBOL program. On our test system the page prints and does a Form Feed to the next page. This is good. When I release the program to our customer it prints the page but waits 5 or more seconds before doing a page... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: habler
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose Data form Different form

HI Guys, I have data in File A.txt RL03 RL03_A_1 RL03_B_1 RL03_C_1 RL03 -119.8 -119.5 -119.5 RL07 RL07_A_1 RL07_B_1 RL07_C_1 RL07 -119.3 -119.5 -119.5 RL15 RL15_A_1 RL15_C_1 RL15 -120.5 -119.4 RL16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove x lines form top and y lines form bottom using AWK?

How to remove x lines form top and y lines form bottom. This works, but like awk only cat file | head -n-y | awk 'NR>(x-1)' so remove last 3 lines and 5 firstcat file | head -n-3 | awk 'NR>4' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert FF (feed form) in text file so that when printing the printer print on a new page accordingly

Hello. First happy new year to everybody. I have a script that generate a text file ( /tmp/part_list.txt for example ). This file can be edited using a kde graphical text editor like kate or kwrite The file can be printed out from command line or within the text editor using the print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies
ctype(3C)																 ctype(3C)

NAME
ctype: isalnum(), isalpha(), isascii(), isblank(), iscntrl(), isdigit(), isgraph(), islower(), isprint(), ispunct(), isspace(), isupper(), isxdigit() - classify characters according to type SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
These functions classify character-coded integer values according to the rules of the coded character set identified by the last successful call to (see setlocale(3C)). Each function is a predicate returning nonzero for true, zero for false. If has not been called successfully, characters are classified according to the rules of the default ASCII 7-bit coded character set (see setlocale(3C)). is defined on all integer values; the other functions are defined for the range (EOF) through RETURN VALUE
The functions return nonzero under the following circumstances; zero otherwise: c is an alphanumeric (letters or digits). c is a letter. c is any ASCII character code between 0 and 0177, inclusive. c is a blank character; that is, a space or a tab. c is a control character (in ASCII: character codes less than 040 and the delete character(0177)). c is a decimal digit (in ASCII: characters [0-9]). c is a visible character (in ASCII: printing characters, excluding the space character(040)). c is a lowercase letter. c is a printing character. c is a punctuation character (in ASCII: any printing character except the space character(040), digits, letters). c is a character that creates whitespace in displayed text (in ASCII: space, tab, carriage return, newline, verti- cal tab, and formfeed). c is an uppercase letter. c is a hexadecimal digit (in ASCII: characters [0-9], [A-F] or [a-f]). If the argument to any of these functions is outside the domain of the function, the result is undefined. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables The category determines the classification of character type. International Code Set Support Single-byte character code sets are supported. WARNINGS
These functions are supplied both as library functions and as macros defined in the header. Normally, the macro versions are used. To obtain the library function, either use a to remove the macro definition or, if compiling in ANSI-C mode, enclose the function name in parenthesis or take its address. The following example uses the library functions for and AUTHOR
was developed by IBM, OSF, and HP. SEE ALSO
setlocale(3C), ascii(5), thread_safety(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
ctype(3C)