Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system. Post 42472 by kayode on Thursday 30th of October 2003 03:24:33 AM
Old 10-30-2003
Thanks,

My Hub is okay. The cables are also okay.
I have tried pinging the lookback on all the three systems and have a reply. Also I have tried pinging its assigned IP address with also a reply. However, what is surprising is that the window 98 can ping the window 2000 professional why the professional can't ping window 98.

For instance under the network neigborhood the system can be seen.

Kayode

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

An X Window System from scratch

I'm currently using Gnome as my desktop environment (DE) but it's going kind of slow. My friend gave me the advice to skip the DE and only use a Window Manager. I took his suggestion one step further and decided to try building an X window system from scrath instead. But what are the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.P
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

how to start the x window system

hi, am new to hp-ux, i just bought an hp-ux with the hp-ux 11.0 os, is very old, and i wnat to start the x window system but it send an error that said that couldn't open the x server, i try startx, xinit, and nothing, and also where i can find tutorials for hp-ux os for beginners (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nobody
7 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Wants to delete a file on window 2000 Pro but prompt Access Denied

Kindly give me insight to this problem that l am encountering on window 2000 professional. I want to delete a file with .dll. If l delete the file its prompt access denied. Every option under the file attribute signify that the no deny was checked, but still l can't delete the file. Also l tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What would take the Place of X Window System if X was not installed?

If X was not installed, what would print data onto the display? Does it include applications form Gpl/Gnu or is it a daemon only? Thanks in advance!:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X Window system - concept

Hi, I am lost in between of some concepts, googling too much made me like this! honestly... please correct my statements below and if they are correct just mention "correct" or also add extra info please: 1. "X Window System" provides basic access to GUI on unix/linux systems This... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
3 Replies

7. AIX

Is XVFB(X window system virtual frame buffer ) open source

I would like to know XVFB is open source or not. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Which X Window system is installed on my server that would work with Xming?

I would like to use Xming to connect a server and managed to get it to work. I am now trying to get it to connect to a different server but i am not sure which X Window system is installed. I tried it through putty and i get the following error/warning: /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_67/bin> jvisualvm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy25
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

10. Programming

Configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required

I am trying to compile thunar 1.8.4. It is giving me this error. configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required Ubuntu Mate 18.04 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies
MRTG-PING-PROBE(1)					      General Commands Manual						MRTG-PING-PROBE(1)

NAME
mrtg-ping-probe - ping probe module for Multi Router Traffic Grapher DESCRIPTION
mrtg-ping-probe is a ping probe module for MRTG 2.x. It is used to monitor the round trip time and packet loss to networked devices. MRTG uses the output of mrtg-ping-probe to generate graphs visualizing minimum and maximum round trip times or packet loss. mrtg-ping-probe is not run directly, but is called by MRTG as a helper when it needs to determine ping time to a host. Act responsibly: do not use mrtg-ping-probe to ping devices without the owner's permission. Just imagine if 10,000 people decided to ping your hosts! mrtg-ping-probe is meant to be used within your network to get round trip time performance figures for your network. OPTIONS
To use mrtg-ping-probe you need to configure MRTG to call it from within the definition of a target host. This is done in the MRTG config file, which is usually /etc/mrtg.conf. Here's an example snippet: change the target name and IP address to suit your needs. Target[your.target.ping]: `/usr/bin/mrtg-ping-probe 123.456.789.123` SetEnv[your.target.ping]: MRTG_INT_IP="123.456.789.123" MRTG_INT_DESCR="ping" MaxBytes[your.target.ping]: 100 AbsMax[your.target.ping]: 200 Options[your.target.ping]: gauge, growright YLegend[your.target.ping]: ping time (ms) ShortLegend[your.target.ping]: ms Legend1[your.target.ping]: Maximum Round Trip Time in ms Legend2[your.target.ping]: Minimum Round Trip Time in ms Legend3[your.target.ping]: Maximal 5 Minute Maximum Round Trip Time in ms Legend4[your.target.ping]: Maximal 5 Minute Minimum Round Trip Time in ms LegendI[your.target.ping]:  Max: LegendO[your.target.ping]:  Min: Pay close attention to the backticks in the first line which tell MRTG to execute the nominated external program. Note also that you need to use the "gauge" option, since the results of subsequent ping probes are independant values and not an incrementing counter. SEE ALSO
mrtg(1). The latest release of mrtg-ping-probe can be found on the web at http://pwo.de/projects/mrtg/ AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jonathan Oxer <jon@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 14, 2003 MRTG-PING-PROBE(1)