Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Windows 2000 to Linux
Operating Systems Linux Windows 2000 to Linux Post 42461 by art_malabanan on Wednesday 29th of October 2003 10:05:34 PM
Old 10-29-2003
Hi ,

ok heres the easy way to do it , bring all your patition back using parttion magic make sure u corrected your error at win2k before continuing.
after u corrected error re-partition it using parttion magic everytime u use part mag u need to reboot in order for the new changes to take effect . now make sure when u re-parttion dont format the new parttion space then run your redhat install it should see the new space and it will put red hat there .

goodluck,

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dual boot windows 2000 and solaris 8

Hello I recently purchased solaris 8 and I want to dual boot with windows 2000. What is the easiest way to install the solaris OS with the existing windows 2000? mogfog (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogfog
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix with Windows 2000

Hey! I have just acquired a Unisys SMP6400 server. It has Unix already installed. It has 2 disk drives: 1 is 2 gig with Unix setup on it. The 2nd drive is 8 gig with apps. Both drives are under Mylex DAC960 raid control. Here is my question, can I install Windows 2000 Pro on this machine either... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastermold
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco openserver and Windows 2000 server

Hi, i have 4 Unix Sco openservers, 4PCs running windows 2000, and 1 PC with windows server which i want to configure in the same network. During the configuration procedure, the wizard of Windows 2000 SERVER ask you if this is the only server in the network, now it will be the only WINDOWS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAM
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

file management in windows 2000 server

i am using windows 2000 server. my query is as follows: there are 2 directories say c:\emp & c:\exe. DataBase (DB) files are there in emp folder and the executables are in exe folder. Now i want to share the exe folder to the clients. If i give read permission to the exe folder and no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix versus Windows 2000

Does anyone know where I might find info on Unix versus Windows 2000 with information pertaining to support, networks, hardware, software? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bnite
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Outlook Express on Windows 2000

Does anyone know where Outlook Express on Windows 2000 store the e-mails? I know where it stores on Windows XP, but I need it for Windows 2000 regards. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning UNIX on a Windows 2000 machine?

What is the best way to learn UNIX, shell, and Perl on a Windows 2000 machine? My place of employment uses Solaris and Perl and I would like to learn some UNIX skills on my home PC. I read about "dual boots", "Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX", and "cygwin". What other free options are... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris GUI on a Windows 2000 box

I have a Sunfire V240 installed with Solaris 10. They are networked together and connected to a hub. They can ping eachothers IP address. I am trying to get a GUI from the V240 to display on the Windows 2000 box. Can someone please give me some step-by-step instructions on how to achieve... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: acme420
11 Replies
DtMmdbBookGetLongTitle(library call)									      DtMmdbBookGetLongTitle(library call)

NAME
DtMmdbBookGetLongTitle -- obtains the long title of a book SYNOPSIS
#include <DtMmdb.h> const char* DtMmdbBookGetLongTitle( DtMmdbInfoRequest* request, unsigned int* length); DESCRIPTION
The DtMmdbBookGetLongTitle function returns the long title of the specified book object. Do not use the free function on the returned pointer. Table lookup is involved when the identifier is specified by either the primary_oid or sequence_num field. ARGUMENTS
request Specifies the bookcase in the bookcase descriptor field, as well as a valid value in the primary_oid, the secondary_oid, or the sequence_num field. The primary_oid represents the DtInfo Database object identifier of the TOC section; the secondary_oid rep- resents the object identifier of the book itself; and the sequence_num represents the sequence number of the book within the bookcase (0 based). If more than one of these fields have a valid value, the order of precedence is: primary_oid, secondary_oid, and, last, sequence_num. length Specifies the variable to receive the length of the returned long title, if the returned pointer to the title is not NULL. RETURN VALUE
If DtMmdbBookGetLongTitle completes successfully, it returns a pointer to the book's long title. If it fails, it returns a NULL pointer. EXAMPLE
None. SEE ALSO
DtMmdbBookGetShortTitle(3) DtMmdbBookGetLongTitle(library call)