Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PowerChute on SuSe8.1
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users PowerChute on SuSe8.1 Post 42242 by pressy on Friday 24th of October 2003 10:01:10 AM
Old 10-24-2003
PowerChute on SuSe8.1

hiho,

i'm the newest newbie using powerchute, so pls help:

I installed PowerChute Business Edition Basic on my suse 8.1 pc ---> ok, the deamon is also running.. but now my problem.... how can i configure the software? i tried to execute the .jar files:
linux:/opt/APC/PowerChuteBusinessEdition/Agent # java EventTracker.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: EventTracker/jar

?

i didn't find any other executeable files which could make sence....
i searched for documentation, but i didn't find any good one.... does anyone know how to configure it or has some good examples or do i make something wrong? Can't believe that that is so difficult...

thx for help
greetings Preßy

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

APC PowerChute

hi, got a problem with my ups after replacing the batterie.. there is no connection to the ups. when i plug this ups into a windows - laptop i can speak to it, but in solaris not. there are no messages in powerchute.err and the deamon upsd is running. restarting the deamon doesn't change... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
4 Replies

2. AIX

PowerChute

I have looked on APC webpage and searched here to find a way to configure powerchute to monitor and shutdown our servers safley when a poweroutage lasts longer then 15 minutes. the documentation i have so far is listed below but i know i am missing a step. I also called APC and they said they do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagink
0 Replies
CREATE-JAR-LINKS(1)						   User Commands					       CREATE-JAR-LINKS(1)

NAME
create-jar-links -f instructions_file [-a archive_file] [-p] SYNOPSIS
create-jar-links -f instructions_file [-a archive_file] [-p] OPTIONS
-a Archive file on which actions will be performed, as opposed to current directory -p Preserve original file names (-p to build-jar-repository) -f The instructions file to check against. -a Archive file on which actions will be performed, as opposed to current directory -p Preserve original file names (-p to build-jar-repository) -f The instructions file to check against. EXAMPLES
Suppose there is a clean source tarball (using clean-binary-files(1) and check-binary-files(1)). Following this, one can extract the tar- ball, cd to it, and run: create-jar-links -f <instructions> -d <custom_jar_map> This would call build-jar-repository(1) and create symlinks, with extra mappings (form vanilla jar names to jpp names) that are specifiable via the custom jar map. SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages check-binary-files(1), create-jar-links(1), build-jar-repository(1), jpackage-utils(7) Documentation Further reading should be found in clean-binary-files.txt located in your standard documentation directory. Original mail is here: https://www.zarb.org/pipermail/jpackage-discuss/2005-November/009158.html AUTHOR
Written by Deepak Bhole REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) create-jar-links (jpackage-utils) 1.7.5 February 2009 CREATE-JAR-LINKS(1)