Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MkLinux on a Performa 6320?
Operating Systems Linux MkLinux on a Performa 6320? Post 42221 by l008com on Friday 24th of October 2003 03:38:05 AM
Old 10-24-2003
MkLinux on a Performa 6320?

Has anyone ever done this before? It says its supported, but whenever I try to boot off the installation CD, it freezes. To be more specific, it starts to boot Mac OS, then it gets to the "choose your OS" window where you can choose to fully boot Mac or dissolve Mac OS and enter into Linux. When you choose Linux, it pretty much totally freezes. I can't figure it out and there isn't a whole lot of info about this stuff on the web. If anyone has any experience let me know. Thanks :-)

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Performa 5200CD & unix/linux

I have a Performa 5200CD loaded and would like to run unix or a linux distro. It is hard from what i have read but has anyone sucessfully done so? I'm planning to use it to host a personal site, so no UI is fine by be, command line all the way.:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: serpico
3 Replies

2. Linux

MkLinux, almost done

I wouldn't say I'm a unix dummy, or a unix expert, but I have few other options. So I installed MkLinux on an old powermac 6100 I had around. I got it up and running too, its on my network, its apache web server works (though I need to install PHP) I downloaded the RC5-72 client and it runs great.... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: l008com
25 Replies
SW_VERS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						SW_VERS(1)

NAME
sw_vers -- print Mac OS X operating system version information SYNOPSIS
sw_vers sw_vers -productName sw_vers -productVersion sw_vers -buildVersion DESCRIPTION
sw_vers prints version information about the Mac OS X or Mac OS X Server operating system running on the local machine. When executed with no options sw_vers prints a short list of version properties: % sw_vers ProductName: Mac OS X ProductVersion: 10.3 BuildVersion: 7A100 The ProductName property provides the name of the operating system release (typically either "Mac OS X" or "Mac OS X Server"). The ProductVersion property defines the version of the operating system release (for example, "10.2.4" or "10.3"). The BuildVersion property provides the specific revision of the operating system as generated by the Mac OS X build system. OPTIONS
The output of sw_vers can be refined by the following options. -productName Print just the value of the ProductName property. -productVersion Print just the value of the ProductVersion property. -buildVersion Print just the value of the BuildVersion property. EXAMPLES
% sw_vers -productName Mac OS X % sw_vers -productVersion 10.3 % sw_vers -buildVersion 7A100 FILES
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist /System/Library/CoreServices/ServerVersion.plist Mac OS X March 10, 2003 Mac OS X