Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Terminal Control Database Entry Post 42165 by Perderabo on Thursday 23rd of October 2003 05:58:02 AM
Old 10-23-2003
Thanks for posting your solution. We are a little short on SCO expertise around here, so every contribution to our knowledge base helps.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal control from rsh

I call "rsh -l username HOSTMANE myscript.sh" from the script on TRU64 OSF1 cluster. The myscript.sh does some logic one the different cluster node and output requested info on my terminal. If I try to use commands to control output (clear, tput etc..) it just does not work. Obviously the rsh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

2. Programming

terminal device control through a C/C++ program

Hi, I want to fork a new process from a daemon that needs terminal attachment to some ttyN or pts/N device. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <string.h> int main(int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ku@ntum
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Control process from different terminal (over SSH)

I pressed CTRL Z and suspended the job. then I pressed bg, The process re-started to throw output on the terminal and its not allowing me to access the prompt. its not even accepting CTRL Z. The process has been running for about 2 hours now and I want to suspend it by opening another terminal.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Edit/update an /etc/group database entry (c/c++)

Hello I'm writing a program for managing accounts and groups in a linux system. My problem is how to update the members of a group in the /etc/group file,if i have to add/remove those members. total 3 variables for adding some new members to the group : char **oldmembers=grp->gr_mem; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mekos
1 Replies

5. Programming

userpw.h AIX ( delete entry from the shadow password database )

HI i need to delete an entry in /etc/security/passwd. can't find a way to do it with userpw.h api ( AIX ). the passwd file i delete like this. Write all entrys to passwd file except the one we are removing. can't find any function that works like getspent / getpwent do in AIX userpw api.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nighter
4 Replies

6. Solaris

VI Editor issue "E558: Terminal entry not found in terminfo"

When trying to open a document with VI editor, getting the following error.. E558: Terminal entry not found in terminfo 'vt100' not known. Available builtin terminals are: builtin_gui builtin_riscos builtin_amiga builtin_beos-ansi builtin_ansi builtin_pcansi ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find similar entry in a .txt file acting as a database.

May i know how do i go along finding similar entry in a .txt file, which is used a as a "database" and post and error saying the entry existed when we key in the entry. ---------- Post updated at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:16 PM ---------- i mean post an error saying the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: santonio
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Creating script to read many files and load into database via single control file

Hi, I have many files but with only 2 names , I want to load the data of that file into database through sqlldr with single control file. how can i do that ????? Example: switch_file switch_file billing_file billing_file now these files should be loaded into same database but different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niti_sharma
1 Replies
KITSEND(1)						      General Commands Manual							KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)