Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Terminal Control Database Entry Post 42163 by kayode on Thursday 23rd of October 2003 05:39:35 AM
Old 10-23-2003
Thanks

I have resolve the problem.

rm the file ttys from etc/auth/system and reboot the system
at the time of reboot the ttys is recreated.

Kayode

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal control from rsh

I call "rsh -l username HOSTMANE myscript.sh" from the script on TRU64 OSF1 cluster. The myscript.sh does some logic one the different cluster node and output requested info on my terminal. If I try to use commands to control output (clear, tput etc..) it just does not work. Obviously the rsh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

2. Programming

terminal device control through a C/C++ program

Hi, I want to fork a new process from a daemon that needs terminal attachment to some ttyN or pts/N device. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <string.h> int main(int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ku@ntum
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Control process from different terminal (over SSH)

I pressed CTRL Z and suspended the job. then I pressed bg, The process re-started to throw output on the terminal and its not allowing me to access the prompt. its not even accepting CTRL Z. The process has been running for about 2 hours now and I want to suspend it by opening another terminal.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Edit/update an /etc/group database entry (c/c++)

Hello I'm writing a program for managing accounts and groups in a linux system. My problem is how to update the members of a group in the /etc/group file,if i have to add/remove those members. total 3 variables for adding some new members to the group : char **oldmembers=grp->gr_mem; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mekos
1 Replies

5. Programming

userpw.h AIX ( delete entry from the shadow password database )

HI i need to delete an entry in /etc/security/passwd. can't find a way to do it with userpw.h api ( AIX ). the passwd file i delete like this. Write all entrys to passwd file except the one we are removing. can't find any function that works like getspent / getpwent do in AIX userpw api.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nighter
4 Replies

6. Solaris

VI Editor issue "E558: Terminal entry not found in terminfo"

When trying to open a document with VI editor, getting the following error.. E558: Terminal entry not found in terminfo 'vt100' not known. Available builtin terminals are: builtin_gui builtin_riscos builtin_amiga builtin_beos-ansi builtin_ansi builtin_pcansi ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find similar entry in a .txt file acting as a database.

May i know how do i go along finding similar entry in a .txt file, which is used a as a "database" and post and error saying the entry existed when we key in the entry. ---------- Post updated at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:16 PM ---------- i mean post an error saying the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: santonio
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Creating script to read many files and load into database via single control file

Hi, I have many files but with only 2 names , I want to load the data of that file into database through sqlldr with single control file. how can i do that ????? Example: switch_file switch_file billing_file billing_file now these files should be loaded into same database but different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niti_sharma
1 Replies
MAXDB_CHANGE_USER(3)							 1						      MAXDB_CHANGE_USER(3)

maxdb_change_user - Changes the user of the specified database connection

Procedural style

SYNOPSIS
bool maxdb_change_user (resource $link, string $user, string $password, string $database) DESCRIPTION
Object oriented style bool maxdb::change_user (string $user, string $password, string $database) maxdb_change_user(3) is used to change the user of the specified database connection as given by the $link parameter and to set the current database to that specified by the $database parameter. In order to successfully change users a valid $username and $password parameters must be provided and that user must have sufficient per- missions to access the desired database. If for any reason authorization fails, the current user authentication will remain. Note Using this command will always cause the current database connection to behave as if was a completely new database connection, regardless of if the operation was completed successfully. This reset includes performing a rollback on any active transactions, closing all temporary tables, and unlocking all locked tables. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php /* connect database test */ $maxdb = new maxdb("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } if ($result = $maxdb->query("SELECT * FROM dual")) { $row = $result->fetch_row(); printf("Result: %s ", $row[0]); $result->free(); } /* reset all and select a new database */ if (!$maxdb->change_user("DBADMIN", "SECRET", "DEMODB")) { printf("Database not running "); } else { printf("Database running "); } /* close connection */ $maxdb->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = maxdb_connect("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (!$link) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } if ($result = maxdb_query($link, "SELECT * FROM dual")) { $row = maxdb_fetch_row($result); printf("Result: %s ", $row[0]); maxdb_free_result($result); } /* reset all and select a new database */ if (!maxdb_change_user($link, "DBADMIN", "SECRET", "DEMODB")) { printf("Database not running "); } else { printf("Database running "); } /* close connection */ maxdb_close($link); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Result: a Database running SEE ALSO
maxdb_connect(3), maxdb_select_db(3). PHP Documentation Group MAXDB_CHANGE_USER(3)