Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Terminal Control Database Entry Post 42163 by kayode on Thursday 23rd of October 2003 05:39:35 AM
Old 10-23-2003
Thanks

I have resolve the problem.

rm the file ttys from etc/auth/system and reboot the system
at the time of reboot the ttys is recreated.

Kayode

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal control from rsh

I call "rsh -l username HOSTMANE myscript.sh" from the script on TRU64 OSF1 cluster. The myscript.sh does some logic one the different cluster node and output requested info on my terminal. If I try to use commands to control output (clear, tput etc..) it just does not work. Obviously the rsh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

2. Programming

terminal device control through a C/C++ program

Hi, I want to fork a new process from a daemon that needs terminal attachment to some ttyN or pts/N device. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <string.h> int main(int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ku@ntum
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Control process from different terminal (over SSH)

I pressed CTRL Z and suspended the job. then I pressed bg, The process re-started to throw output on the terminal and its not allowing me to access the prompt. its not even accepting CTRL Z. The process has been running for about 2 hours now and I want to suspend it by opening another terminal.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Edit/update an /etc/group database entry (c/c++)

Hello I'm writing a program for managing accounts and groups in a linux system. My problem is how to update the members of a group in the /etc/group file,if i have to add/remove those members. total 3 variables for adding some new members to the group : char **oldmembers=grp->gr_mem; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mekos
1 Replies

5. Programming

userpw.h AIX ( delete entry from the shadow password database )

HI i need to delete an entry in /etc/security/passwd. can't find a way to do it with userpw.h api ( AIX ). the passwd file i delete like this. Write all entrys to passwd file except the one we are removing. can't find any function that works like getspent / getpwent do in AIX userpw api.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nighter
4 Replies

6. Solaris

VI Editor issue "E558: Terminal entry not found in terminfo"

When trying to open a document with VI editor, getting the following error.. E558: Terminal entry not found in terminfo 'vt100' not known. Available builtin terminals are: builtin_gui builtin_riscos builtin_amiga builtin_beos-ansi builtin_ansi builtin_pcansi ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find similar entry in a .txt file acting as a database.

May i know how do i go along finding similar entry in a .txt file, which is used a as a "database" and post and error saying the entry existed when we key in the entry. ---------- Post updated at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:16 PM ---------- i mean post an error saying the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: santonio
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Creating script to read many files and load into database via single control file

Hi, I have many files but with only 2 names , I want to load the data of that file into database through sqlldr with single control file. how can i do that ????? Example: switch_file switch_file billing_file billing_file now these files should be loaded into same database but different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niti_sharma
1 Replies
Dpkg::Changelog::Entry::Debian(3)				   libdpkg-perl 				 Dpkg::Changelog::Entry::Debian(3)

NAME
Dpkg::Changelog::Entry::Debian - represents a Debian changelog entry DESCRIPTION
This object represents a Debian changelog entry. It implements the generic interface Dpkg::Changelog::Entry. Only functions specific to this implementation are described below. VARIABLES
$regex_header, $regex_trailer are two regular expressions that can be used to match a line and know whether it's a valid header/trailer line. The matched content for $regex_header is the source package name ($1), the version ($2), the target distributions ($3) and the options on the rest of the line ($4). For $regex_trailer, it's the maintainer name ($1), its email ($2), some blanks ($3) and the timestamp ($4). FUNCTIONS
my @items = $entry->get_change_items() Return a list of change items. Each item contains at least one line. A change line starting with an asterisk denotes the start of a new item. Any change line like "[ Raphael Hertzog ]" is treated like an item of its own even if it starts a set of items attributed to this person (the following line necessarily starts a new item). my @errors = $entry->check_header() my @errors = $entry->check_trailer() Return a list of errors. Each item in the list is an error message describing the problem. If the empty list is returned, no errors have been found. $entry->normalize() Normalize the content. Strip whitespaces at end of lines, use a single empty line to separate each part. UTILITY FUNCTIONS
my @closed_bugs = find_closes($changes) Takes one string as argument and finds "Closes: #123456, #654321" statements as supported by the Debian Archive software in it. Returns all closed bug numbers in an array. AUTHOR
Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>. 1.16.15 2014-06-05 Dpkg::Changelog::Entry::Debian(3)