Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: linux + bsd + solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers linux + bsd + solaris Post 4216 by jcheng on Saturday 21st of July 2001 05:54:33 AM
Old 07-21-2001
Thanks for ur suggestion, Snoozer. I will try then and tell u if I sucessful later.

Do u know where to find downloadable book on Unix and Linux? So I can dig it more deeper. thx

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris , *BSD

Are Solaris's commands the same with *BSD's commands ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sasuke
1 Replies

2. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

3. Programming

porting solaris to BSD

Hi i have a C program that i need to port from solaris to BSD The flags i pass on CC in solaris are -lsocket -lnsl I use sockets and threads anyone know flags for BSD (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yngwie
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris is like BSD or Not ?

I'm attached to a Linux system that is giving me options to use BSD formats or Unix formats. For Example ps -ax or ps ax. I need to know which is the Solaris flavor. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidS
6 Replies

5. Programming

C programming on Linux/BSD : which tools to use?

Hello there, i've lurked this forum for a while (in few month i will have been registered for two years) but this is my firts post. Well, after having looked to C language as a black monster, i finally have decided to learn it, and to learn it very well! So, i'm quite new to C, although i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Freddie
1 Replies

6. BSD

Jumping from Solaris to BSD?

Hi all, I currently run an OpenSolaris (b134) server at home for share media between a few computers (all Macs at the moment). I use ZFS to mirror a couple of disks and have a couple of SMF manifests. My background is as a user of OS X and as a user of (Open)Solaris with formal training in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: forquare
7 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Unix/Linux/BSD

I'm planning to learn Unix/Linux as much as possible to be able to expert on Unix system. I have a few questions in regard to Unix system 1. How come they are so many different type of Linux, and do they follow same standard commands in the Unix system? I'm afraid of having so many choices... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindful123
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)