Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe Post 42158 by ssahu on Thursday 23rd of October 2003 02:26:11 AM
Old 10-23-2003
how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe.
please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.exe file

Hello all, how to run windows .exe file in Linux and vice the versa (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
3 Replies

2. SuSE

does exe

does exe files works withe suse am new n linux system and were can i find msn 4 linux (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulla
2 Replies

3. Linux

How to run .exe

Hai, is there any way to run an .exe file in unix environment . i have read that WINE HQ supports this concept but its very inconsistent and upto the user risk . but i tried WINE but iam not able to configure it can any one help me in this matter Regards Sanju (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjustudy
1 Replies

4. Programming

exe info

Hi Is it possible to find all the information like its 'ProductName', 'ProductVersion, ''InternalName' , 'FileVersion' etc about a windows excutable file,( i.e. *.exe file ) on Unix/Linux. thanks sumsin (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumsin
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.exe files

how to open .exe file in freebsd system.My work is to run a growth.exe(created by growth.c turbo c 3.0 file).how to run that exe file in freebsd system?Thanks in advance help me (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarangopi
8 Replies

6. Programming

running exe

how we can run the exe when the system starts. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

7. Programming

exe

Is it possible to extract c program,from its executable file(.exe)? i mean we dont have program but its exe file only which runs,can we retrieve the program? if yes how? if no why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown9
2 Replies

8. Programming

How to build .exe from c

All, I have never comipled C code before and would appricaite if anyone could tell me how to build a .exe from a C program. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
5 Replies

9. Programming

exe

hello everyone, could somebody tell me where can i find some good exercises on signals,processes and threads? actually i need to find some solved exercises in system programming. tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: micy
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies
BCOMPILER_WRITE_EXE_FOOTER(3)						 1					     BCOMPILER_WRITE_EXE_FOOTER(3)

bcompiler_write_exe_footer - Writes the start pos, and sig to the end of a exe type file

SYNOPSIS
bool bcompiler_write_exe_footer (resource $filehandle, int $startpos) DESCRIPTION
An EXE (or self executable) file consists of 3 parts: o The stub (executable code, e.g. a compiled C program) that loads PHP interpreter, bcompiler extension, stored Bytecodes and initiates a call for the specified function (e.g. main) or class method (e.g. main::main) oThe Bytecodes (uncompressed only for the moment) oThe bcompiler EXE footer To obtain a suitable stub you can compile php_embed-based stub phpe.c located in the examples/embed directory on bcompiler's CVS. PARAMETERS
o $filehandle - A file handle as returned by fopen(3). o $startpos - The file position at which the Bytecodes start, and can be obtained using ftell(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 bcompiler_write_exe_footer(3) example <?php /* creating the output file (example.exe) */ $fh = fopen("example.exe", "w"); /* 1) writing a stub (phpe.exe) */ $size = filesize("phpe.exe"); $fr = fopen("phpe.exe", "r"); fwrite($fh, fread($fr, $size), $size); $startpos = ftell($fh); /* 2) writing bytecodes */ bcompiler_write_header($fh); bcompiler_write_class($fh, "myclass"); bcompiler_write_function($fh, "main"); bcompiler_write_footer($fh); /* 3) writing EXE footer */ bcompiler_write_exe_footer($fh, $startpos); /* closing the output file */ fclose($fh); ?> NOTES
Warning This function is EXPERIMENTAL. The behaviour of this function, its name, and surrounding documentation may change without notice in a future release of PHP. This function should be used at your own risk. SEE ALSO
bcompiler_write_header(3), bcompiler_write_class(3), bcompiler_write_footer(3). PHP Documentation Group BCOMPILER_WRITE_EXE_FOOTER(3)