Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What all Unix types can be installed on PC? Post 421 by me2unix on Sunday 3rd of December 2000 10:10:45 AM
Old 12-03-2000
Intel based Solaris

Hi,

I also work with many Intel-Based installation of Sloaris 2.6.
It used to be a good decision for CheckPoint Firewalls. but lately CP just stopped supporting this platform Smilie

Hezki

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What file types does unix support?

Hello, I've search this site many times and ave not been able to find my answer. So I'm going to post my question....(duh) Ok. I'm wanting to know what file types does unix support. if you can try and list them like this: php, .php or somthing like that. plus don't forget that I said I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgames
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When was Unix Installed?

How can I tell when Sco Openserver 5.0.5 was installed on a server? Is there a file somewhere that will have a date that the installation took place? Thanks, Stufine (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stufine
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run an application installed in another unix pc?

Do you guys have any suggestions? hpterm -e rlogin <another unix pc> ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jehrome_rando
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i understand if a Java Virtual Machine is installed on Unix??

Hello, i would like to figute out, if there is any JVM installed on my unix account. How can i figure that out?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all types of shell supported on any unix flavors.

Hello - Is there a command/way we can find out, what shells are supported on a Unix machine? Please let me know. Thanks, Manju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju--
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Logon/Authentication Types

Hi, I was wondering if someone may be able to help me with finding out the different *nix logon types. The different logon types for a Successful Logon event type in Windows (4624) is well documented both on the M$ site and also on many tech related sites, listing the different logon types... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: urhero
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
IXGBE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  IXGBE(4)

NAME
ixgbe -- Intel(R) 10Gb Ethernet driver for the FreeBSD operating system SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device ixgbe Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_ixgbe_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ixgbe driver provides support for PCI 10Gb Ethernet adapters based on the Intel 82598EB Intel(R) Network Connections. The driver sup- ports Jumbo Frames, MSIX, TSO, and RSS. For questions related to hardware requirements, refer to the documentation supplied with your Intel 10GbE adapter. All hardware requirements listed apply to use with FreeBSD. Support for Jumbo Frames is provided via the interface MTU setting. Selecting an MTU larger than 1500 bytes with the ifconfig(8) utility configures the adapter to receive and transmit Jumbo Frames. The maximum MTU size for Jumbo Frames is 16114. This driver version supports VLANs. For information on enabling VLANs, see ifconfig(8). HARDWARE
The ixgbe driver supports the following cards: o Intel(R) 10 Gigabit XF SR/AF Dual Port Server Adapter o Intel(R) 10 Gigabit XF SR/LR Server Adapter o Intel(R) 82598EB 10 Gigabit AF Network Connection o Intel(R) 82598EB 10 Gigabit AT CX4 Network Connection DIAGNOSTICS
ixgbe%d: Unable to allocate bus resource: memory A fatal initialization error has occurred. ixgbe%d: Unable to allocate bus resource: interrupt A fatal initialization error has occurred. ixgbe%d: watchdog timeout -- resetting The device has stopped responding to the network, or there is a problem with the network connection (cable). SUPPORT
For general information and support, go to the Intel support website at: http://support.intel.com. If an issue is identified with the released source code on the supported kernel with a supported adapter, email the specific information related to the issue to <freebsd@intel.com>. SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), polling(4), vlan(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The ixgbe device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 7.0. AUTHORS
The ixgbe driver was written by Intel Corporation <freebsd@intel.com>. BSD
December 19, 2010 BSD