Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem with dual processor system Post 42012 by Perderabo on Tuesday 21st of October 2003 07:15:35 AM
Old 10-21-2003
I'll give a guess, although you don't want to hear it. Bad motherboard. Capacitors are not the only component that can fail.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Boot problem,help!!!!

I had Win98 and Win Xp on a dual boot on my system, I formatted my C: drive to get rid of Win98 and installed Linux Madrake in its Place, it all installed ok but when I boot up I can no longer dual boot and it goes straight into Mandrake Linux. How can I get either a dual boot so I can get to XP... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Merv
10 Replies

2. AIX

Problem with knlist in AIX 5.3 for Power5 processor

Hi all, I have a AIX 5.3 Installation on the Power5 processor. I am using the knlist API for getting the details of the CPU details like user cpu, kernel cpu, idle cpu and wait cpu. My code is working fine on other Installations of AIX like PowerPC_POWER4 but it is giving wrong values on Power5... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesht
0 Replies

3. Linux

linux for dual core processor

hi all I bought a new MSI motherboard and intel dual core processor . i have currently installed fedora core 3 for which audio is not detected . can u tell me which version of fedora core will support as i have tried with fedora core 6 which gets installed but gives a error while... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageshrk
0 Replies

4. AIX

HMC & Processor Pool problem

Hi, I am having problem allocating all my processors -- 6 processors -- to sharedpool1 I have 6 processors and I want my lpars to share all these 6 processors. DefaultPool can't be edited. I edit my Sharedpool1 as follows Reserved:0 Max Processors: 6 In my lpar profile: Min: 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can i know this processor quad or dual core ?

hi every body i want to know if i have server with hp-ux os if i did "machinfo" i will see no of cpu = for example 16 how can i know this is dual or quad core . thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Manufacturer name of computer system(hardware) , processor

Hi All, Can someone let me know the method or set of commands by which i can retrive manufacturer name of computer system (hardware of machine ) and manufacturer of processor. i get below information when fired psrinfo command : psrinfo -vp The physical processor has 1 virtual processor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
6 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), glibtool(1). config.guess (2006-11-15) November 2006 CONFIG.GUESS(1)