Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I Know if a report manager is running after I start it ? Post 41989 by rocker40 on Monday 20th of October 2003 04:36:54 PM
Old 10-20-2003
Thank you

ps -ef | grep rptmgr

The above command works great

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to start Veritas volume manager

? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running start up commands

Hi all How can I setup my shell so that I run a set of commmands or a script every time I login. I am using kshell. I tried putting a line in ./.bash_profile (does not work) Ex.: I want to use vi as the commandline editor so, I want to run the command: set -o vi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
3 Replies

3. Linux

Running Linux File Manager on Windows XP

OK: apologies (well) in advance if this is as stupid a question as it gets. I need to change the 'owner' on certain files and folders within my Linux web hosting account. Unfortunately I use Windows XP and now need some kind of Windows application that can open a window within XP that lets me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Boa Prinz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get start time of a running process

I am trying to see if a process is running what was its start time. here is the code that I am using if then echo 'Gateway output processing started.' else VAR=$(ps -ef | grep batch_output_x ) ... fi now the problem i see is when the process is running i get two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabir77
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the start time for a JAVA Main running process

I have a script that executes a MAIN JAVA FILE It does check if the process is already running or not by using this code w_pid=`ps -efx | grep -v grep | grep "FileTransactionArchiveMain dvlp"|awk '{print $11}'` if then #echo 'Another instance is running.' exit fi Now I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akabir77
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to start application and keep script running

What I'm looking for is best explained with a little example. #!/bin/bash gedit echo "I need this message to appear while gedit is still running, but it appears only then when I close gedit." Of course most of the times you want the script to wait, but in this case I want to start a new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrZehl
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is it Possible to Start Tomcat Manager using command prompt!

Hi All, wget http://<username>:<password>@<hostname>:<port>/manager/list -O - -q using this command i can able to stop , start , reload everything i can able to do once i start the tomcat , now i have some doubt legends. 1. Is this is a secure way using wget to start, stop, reload the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Start a service manager process automatically on startup

Hello, I am in the process of learning Linux OS. How do I run the below lines of code automatically as root on server startup. cd /opt/program_folder/ServiceManager/bin nohup ./servce_manager DEV & Currently, as soon as the server is up and running I log in as root (as this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Websphere MQ Queue Manager start/stop

Hello All, I am completely new to shell scripting. I had to write a script that starts and stop the queue manager in Websphere MQ. We are on Linux 64-bit patform. The script should stop the queue manager and all the processes related to websphere MQ. It should be a clean stop. Once the queue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pady1224
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-RUN(1)							    systemd-run 						    SYSTEMD-RUN(1)

NAME
systemd-run - Run programs in transient scope or service units SYNOPSIS
systemd-run [OPTIONS...] COMMAND [ARGS...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-run may be used to create and start a transient .service or a .scope unit and run the specified COMMAND in it. If a command is run as transient service unit, it will be started and managed by the service manager like any other service, and thus show up in the output of systemctl list-units like any other unit. It will run in a clean and detached execution environment. systemd-run will start the service asynchronously in the background and immediately return. If a command is run as transient scope unit, it will be started directly by systemd-run and thus inherit the execution environment of the caller. It is however managed by the service manager similar to normal services, and will also show up in the output of systemctl list-units. Execution in this case is synchronous, and execution will return only when the command finishes. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. --version Prints a short version string and exits. --user Talk to the service manager of the calling user, rather than the service manager of the system. --system Talk to the service manager of the system. This is the implied default. --scope Create a transient .scope unit instead of the default transient .service unit. --unit= Use this unit name instead of an automatically generated one. --description= Provide description for the unit. If not specified, the command itself will be used as a description. See Description= in systemd.unit(5). --slice= Make the new .service or .scope unit part of the specified slice, instead of the system.slice. --remain-after-exit After the service's process has terminated, keep the service around until it is explicitly stopped. This is useful to collect runtime information about the service after it finished running. Also see RemainAfterExit= in systemd.service(5). --send-sighup When terminating the scope unit, send a SIGHUP immediately after SIGTERM. This is useful to indicate to shells and shell-like processes that the connection has been severed. Also see SendSIGHUP= in systemd.kill(5). All command-line arguments after the first non-option argument become part of the commandline of the launched process. If a command is run as service unit, its first argument needs to be an absolute binary path. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. EXAMPLE
The following command will log the environment variables provided by systemd to services: # systemd-run env Running as unit run-19945.service. # journalctl -u run-19945.service Sep 08 07:37:21 bupkis systemd[1]: Starting /usr/bin/env... Sep 08 07:37:21 bupkis systemd[1]: Started /usr/bin/env. Sep 08 07:37:21 bupkis env[19948]: PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin Sep 08 07:37:21 bupkis env[19948]: LANG=en_US.UTF-8 Sep 08 07:37:21 bupkis env[19948]: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-3.11.0-0.rc5.git6.2.fc20.x86_64 SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), systemd.unit(5), systemd.service(5), systemd.scope(5), systemd.slice(5). systemd 208 SYSTEMD-RUN(1)