Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Cannot connect to rest of network/internet Post 41919 by hassan2 on Friday 17th of October 2003 12:03:33 PM
Old 10-17-2003
it seem they is an acl or firewall on router that is blocking icmp
check your router logs or fiewall logs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to the Internet

I running HPUX 11.0, Netscape gives me an error "Unable to locate Server" when using a www.something.com address. If I use an IP address I get past the router and onto the Internet. My workstation can get to the Router @ 192.168.0.1 and also it's local APACHE server. I have DHCP enabled... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnalt
8 Replies

2. Solaris

How to connect to internet in Solaris8

Dear Experts I am new in Solaris administration. I have installed Solaris8. The workstation IP address is configured and I know the gateway. When I launch netscape it shows error and asks for SOCKS variable and I can not connect to internet. I don't know what should I do. I am able to ping the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
0 Replies

3. Solaris

trying to connect to internet

i have just installed solaris 10 on a 60 gb hard drive. now im trying to install my nic driver but when i put in the floppy disk for the nic card it cant read it, so then i found that i have to mount the floppy drive and i tried putting in the mount command but i dont know where to mount it and if... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: vutty81
38 Replies

4. Solaris

How to connect to Internet

Hi I installed solaris developer edition 1/08 today.I want to connect to Broadband internet through my ADSL 2+ Modem/Router with a username and password. plz help in this case,I am new to sun solaris:confused: the modem itself is a router it worked well on ubuntu and red hat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santugvd
3 Replies

5. Linux

how to connect internet????

HI, Am using GPRS ( MOB # 3230 ) internet connection in windows Hw to use internet r connect in linux.. ( Red Hat Linux Ver.10 ) Please help me.. Thanks in adv.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bharath raja
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to connect to Internet

Hi friends recently i have installed SXDE 1/08 into my machine,and i installed wifi driver also its working fine,Recently i was unable to connect to Internet,I have not changed any configurations and any installations,thing is that i got my iwk0 interface is UP and IP address also and i can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - How to connect to internet

I recently installed solaris 10 on a seperate hard disk in my desktop pc. My first hard disk is running windows xp. I am totally new to solaris. Please help me to connect to the internet through solaris 10. I read a few threads, and re-installed solaris 10 by giving 'Yes' to the question that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari86av
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't connect to Internet

Dear freinds... I downloaded solaris for x86 and was able to configure the lan correctly.. I can ping and share with other destops through lan... but still I can't connect to internet ? can you please help.. I put my default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 to /etc/defaultrouter but with no use..... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
13 Replies

9. Linux

How to connect to internet

Hi, Can someone guide me regarding how to connect to internet. what are steps? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren nandale
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to connect internet in Linux OS?

What all is required so that I can use internet on my Linux OS My OS: Red Hat Fedora version: 2.6 I have to connect via my Nokia cell phone via cable. This way only I had been using internet on my Windows OS. If any software is required to install on my UNIX for internet, then I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies
rdpd(1M)																  rdpd(1M)

NAME
rdpd - router discovery protocol daemon (OBSOLETE) SYNOPSIS
| | DESCRIPTION
the router discover protocol daemon, implements the host portion of the router discovery protocol (see More specifically o solicits router advertisements when it is first started so as to populate the kernel table as soon as possible. o listens on all ethernet interfaces (that are up) for ICMP router advertisement datagrams. o adds a default router to the kernel table based on whether the router is a neighbor and has the highest preference among all advertisements received. o ages the default router entry applied to the kernel table based on the lifetime value found in the advertisement message. can be started during boot-time initialization. To do so, see (But see below.) Options supports the following options: Display the version of Enable tracing of the following events: o setting of expiration timer for advertised entry. o expiration of a router advertisement entry (only the active entry has a timer running). o add/update of an advertised router to the kernel. o removal from kernel table of an advertised router. o reception of a router advertisement from the link. o transmission of a router solicitation message. o failure while attempting to transmit a solicitation. Enable verbose tracing, which in addition to the above, traces: o contents of the router advertisement message received. o contents of rdpd internal statics which includes: 1. total number of messages received, 2. total number advertisements received, 3. total number of advertisements with invalid number of addresses field, 4. total number of advertisements with invalid address size field, 5. total number of advertisements with invalid message lengths, 6. total number of advertisements with invalid lifetime fields, 7. total number of messages with number of bytes received <> header length field. LIMITATIONS
1. The maximum number of default routes retained is 10. Only one of which is applied to the kernel routing tables (the one with the high- est preference). In the event that the advertised router with the highest preference expires the retained advertised router list will be searched for the highest preference, still current entry and that entry will be applied to the kernel table. This allows for quick recovery from aged advertisements. 2. only becomes aware of link state changes when either a new Router Advertisement message is received or a timer pops to age a currently active default router added by This may cause a delay between an interface state change (e.g., down) and any necessary change to the kernel routing table. 3. The "all hosts on subnet" broadcast address is used for sending solicitations instead of either the all-routers multicast or limited- broadcast IP addresses. 4. The limited-broadcast address for inbound Advertisements is assumed. 5. Default routers added via the command can be altered due to Router Advertisements for the same router. 6. Adding default routes via the command can cause unpredictable results and should be avoided. OBSOLESCENCE
The functionality of has been subsumed in See the statements described in gated.conf(4). has been obsoleted in HP-UX 11i Version 2. WARNINGS
should not be used if is enabled when running AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
gated(1M), gated.conf(4). [1] Deering, S., "ICMP Router Discovery Messages", RFC 1256 rdpd(1M)