Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: BSD, Bash and Shells?
Operating Systems BSD BSD, Bash and Shells? Post 41880 by cw1972 on Thursday 16th of October 2003 09:59:36 AM
Old 10-16-2003
Re: BSD, Bash and Shells?

Quote:
Originally posted by RedVenim

I this just a shell or something because using Bash is a pain in RH's Linux 9. It's so sensitive about case etc. ???
Any UNIX (or variant) OS will be highly sensitive about case. A will always be different to a.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Difference between ksh,bash and different shells.

Hello Everyone, Can someone please tell me the key difference between the different shells availabe i.e. ksh,bash,(i don't know the others ones. :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
5 Replies

2. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interacting with two BASH shells

Hi. I'm working with two BASH shells in order to perform two tasks. For simplicity, suppose that at Shell #1 I'm executing this program: sleep 100 whose PID is 263. Meanwhile Shell #2 is waiting for its termination to follow with a second one. I tried with: wait 263 # Script for second... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hresquivelo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shells communication

Hello all, I have the following problem. In a Bash shell I run a program (I don't have the source code) which will execute some steps. At every step the program will wait for a user input. So I would like that another script which is running on a different shell will send these input togheter with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alohisius
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Differences in BASH and ASH shells regarding if command?

Guys I now have a script that's working in a BASH environment, however one line doesn't appear to be working on an embedded device that has a busybox therefore ASH shell. I've googled but there's very little I can find regarding the ASH shell. In BASH the following line works... if ] ;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function, for BSD

I am putting this thread to shell-threads, because it is about how to make a function work properly. I need a hint for declaring a function right, it has been more than a year I did not work that straight with bash. So my aim is to turn off the eth0 (as it would be in linux, and bge0 in bsd ),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call exeute multiple bash shells from one master shell?

I have few bash shells, which i want to run sequentially, how to create a shell file, and execute/call one after other shell file. I am very new to shell programming. Bult some and running individually and also with crontab scheduler. never had a shell calling other shells, kindly would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
2 Replies
XtSetSensitive(3)						   XT FUNCTIONS 						 XtSetSensitive(3)

NAME
XtSetSensitive, XtIsSensitive - set and check a widget's sensitivity state SYNTAX
void XtSetSensitive(Widget w, Boolean sensitive); Boolean XtIsSensitive(Widget w); ARGUMENTS
sensitive Specifies a Boolean value that indicates whether the widget should receive keyboard and pointer events. w Specifies the widget. DESCRIPTION
The XtSetSensitive function first calls XtSetValues on the current widget with an argument list specifying that the sensitive field should change to the new value. It then recursively propagates the new value down the managed children tree by calling XtSetValues on each child to set the ancestor_sensitive to the new value if the new values for sensitive and the child's ancestor_sensitive are not the same. XtSetSensitive calls XtSetValues to change sensitive and ancestor_sensitive. Therefore, when one of these changes, the widget's set_values procedure should take whatever display actions are needed (for example, greying out or stippling the widget). XtSetSensitive maintains the invariant that if parent has either sensitive or ancestor_sensitive False, then all children have ances- tor_sensitive False. The XtIsSensitive function returns True or False to indicate whether or not user input events are being dispatched. If both core.sensitive and core.ancestor_sensitive are True, XtIsSensitive returns True; otherwise, it returns False. SEE ALSO
X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.0.7 XtSetSensitive(3)