Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NIS Problem
Operating Systems Solaris NIS Problem Post 41819 by meyersp on Wednesday 15th of October 2003 12:56:26 PM
Old 10-15-2003
Unfourtunately that didnt work. The client systems are using dhcp and retrieving there ip from the universities dhcp server. My NIS server has a static ip. I was wondering if this could be causing a problem? The FQDN for the client is like Computername.net1.net2.edu and net1 is not the domainname. I would think it should look like this Computername.mydomain.net1.net2.edu. Any incite? Next im going to try to get a static ip for a client and see if it works.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS problem with netgroup

Hi@all, I'd setup a nis server and 4 slaves. Update of passwd work's fine, but if i create a netgroup file the make all process hang by push the netgroup file. I work with AIX 4.3.3.0 and Maintance Level 5. Tank's for help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Michael
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS Problem

Hi all, I use a sparc 1000 Enterprice server with solaris 5.8 as nis server. IŽam able to login as root user on the server and switch after that to any other user (If I am switch as root user) . So far so good. But if i try a rlogin server -l user_name or su - user (if I am no root user)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS config problem

Hi Experts, For configuring NIS server/clients which i've done several times already, i faced some problem which i have not seen before. The problem is that after configuring NIS server & the clients, for instance when i run "ypcat hosts " it gives this message: "No such map in domain services"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
5 Replies

4. Solaris

problem in changing the NIS passwd

Now I face a problem in changing the NIS passwd,I have no idea,want you to help me! Today I add some user in the NIS master server ,I "vi" /etc/passwd &/etc/shadow,add user account and password by hand(shadow----no password ,only eight ":"). when finsh,I login ,system told me to input a password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlsjm
3 Replies

5. Solaris

NIS Problem

I'm having an issue with NIS. I run the following: ./nisclient -i -d XXX.XXXX.XXX -h XXXX-XXXX Everytime I do this with both my master and slave servers up and running and I go to reboot my client the client will hang after starting RPCBIND, and NIS Cachemanager. If I take my slave NIS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buckhtr77
1 Replies

6. Solaris

annoying problem with nis

This is my home set up I have 2 solaris boxes at home. One is a nis server and one is client. everytime I start the client without server, it will hang permanently looking for for nis server. is there a way to get around this? Can you set timeout the nis client? I use nis becuase my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: congngo
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem with NIS client

Hi All, In my network infra, there is a NIS master server and many more NIS slave servers. Now, I want every client to set with master server and one possible slave server so that if master goes down, client could still get info from slave server. The servers will be listed on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
0 Replies

8. AIX

NIS problem in aix

Hi, We are facing a problem with nis . we have a master server and there are 5 -6 slave servers configured with NIS. All the servers are IBM aix with different O/s versions installed Ex.5.2, 5.3 and 6.1 The master nis server is a 5.2 aix server system and all others are installed with nis... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkalluri
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

NIS problem

Hello Everyone! When my NIS clients sync to the master server they have a problem with only the group maps. Upon executing "ypcat group" on the client, just one entry displayed for groups. That entry corresponds to the local group account (/etc/group) on the master. This particular group... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Audio Problem-NIS users

Hai all, I'm rameez rahman working as a Technical assistant. I configured NIS Server in RHEL 6.5 with 40 client PC's.All the clients are using the same os ie RHEL 6.5 64 bit.All the features are working fine except sound ie from client machine if a NIS user logged in he cant access sound.But if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameez rahman k
2 Replies
LOGFORWARDER(1) 														   LOGFORWARDER(1)

NAME
logForwarder - Log item to manage ssh tunnels between log components and tools NAME
logForwarder - Tools for creating and maintaining ssh tunnels between log components in complex topologies SYNOPSYS
logForwarder [options] ... DESCRIPTION
logForwarder helps simplifying the maintenance of ssh tunnels between log components and tools, thus improving log scalability and configu- ration in complex network topologies. The components may be defined in a program to be monitored, they publish messages in the LogCentral. The tools get the messages subscribing to the LogCentral. Before starting a log forwarder, you must: o launch omniNames on the local and remotes hosts. o launch the remote peer only defining its name and network configuration. o launch local peer and give him remote peer's name, ssh connection informations, remote port to use and pass -C option to create the ssh tunnel. [Remark: forwarders must be launched before the log tools/components] OPTIONS
--name [name] String identifying the forwarder --peer-name [name] String identifying its peer on the other network --ssh-host [host] Host hosting the ssh tunnel --ssh-login [login] Login used to establish the ssh connection (default: current user login). --ssh-key [/path/to/ssh/key] Path to the ssh key (the private one !) used to establish the ssh connection (default: $HOME/.ssh/id_rsa). --remote-port [port] Port listening on the ssh host. --remote-host [host] Host to which the connection is made by the tunnel (corresponds to ssh options -L and -R). --nb-retry [nb] Number of times that the local forwarder will try to bind itself to the remote forwarder (default: 3). --peer-ior [IOR] Pass remote forwarder's IOR. By default, the local forwarder will retrive its peer IOR. --net-config [path/to/configuration/file] Path to configuration file. -C Create the tunnel from this forwarder. CONFIGURATION FILE
You can pass a configuration file to dietForwarder instead of using command line options through the --net-config option. Configuration file lists several rules describing networks reachable using this forwarder. There's two category of rules: accept rules describe which networks are accessible through the forwarder. reject rules describe which networks are not accessible through the forwarder. A rule always starts by either accept: or reject: immediately followed by a regular expression (Posix) describing host concerned by the rule. Rules are evaluated in the following order: accept then reject. For instance: accept:.* reject:localhost This fragment means that the forwarder will accept connections to every hosts but localhost. EXAMPLE
Here's a simple configuration: o We have two domains: net1 and net2, forwarders will be launched on hosts fwd.net1 and fwd.net2. o There's no link between hosts fwd.net1 and fwd.net2 but user may access fwd.net2 from fwd.net1 using a ssh connection. o We'll name fwd.net1 forwarder Fwd1 and fwd.net2 fowarder Fwd2. o One tool lives in fwd.net2 while a component lives on the net1 domain. Command line for launchind Fwd1 fwd.net1$ logForwarder --name Fwd1 --peer-name Fwd2 --ssh-host fwd.net2 --ssh-login dietUser --ssh-key id rsa net2 --remote-port 50000 --net-config net1.cfg -C Command line to launch Fwd2 fwd.net2$ logForwarder --name Fwd2 --net-config net2.cfg Configuration file for Fwd1 In this example, the forwarders Fwd1 accepts only the connections to fwd.net2. accept:fwd.net2 Configuration file for Fwd2 In this example, the forwarders Fwd2 accepts all the connections except those which are for the localhost. accept:.* reject:localhost RATIONALE
The log service uses CORBA as its communication layer. While it's a flexible and robust middleware, it remains hard deploying the log on heterogeneous networks that are not reachable except through ssh tunnels. Log forwarders help administrator configuring their grid without manually set-up ssh tunnels which arguably is neither simple nor scalable. Log forwarders make it very easy configuring such topologies. LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C)2011, GRAAL, INRIA Rhone-Alpes, 46 allee d'Italie, 69364 Lyon cedex 07, France all right reserved <diet-dev@ens-lyon.fr> License This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or mod- ify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Pub- lic Li- cense for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. AUTHORS
GRAAL INRIA Rhone-Alpes 46 allee d'Italie 69364 Lyon cedex 07, FRANCE Email: <diet-dev@ens-lyon.fr> WWW: http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/DIET SEE ALSO
omniNames(1), dietForwarder(1), LogCentral(1) BUGS
On some systems, forwarder rules won't work unless you use IP addresses instead of hostnames AUTHOR
haikel.guemar@sysfera.com, kevin.coulomb@sysfera.com License: GPLv3 COPYRIGHT
DIET developers 0.1 2011-05-11 LOGFORWARDER(1)