Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX community...help your Mac brother! Post 418 by me2unix on Sunday 3rd of December 2000 09:20:20 AM
Old 12-03-2000
macosx

A friend of mine who uses Mac has installed the uinix version, and opened his firewall for me.
So I logged on and was very impressed to navigate in the unix filesystem of a mac.
It really is cool, and recommanded for anyone who uses mac.

Just wanted to welcome you aboard too!

I'm sure you're gonna like Unix , and ask us whatever question you have about it.

Hezki

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

big brother monitoring tool - make failed

Hi, Does anyone has installed bb on a unix system ? I am trying to install bb on aix 5.3 but I have the following message: If someone can help me probably there is a tool that I need to install ? I don't have C compiler I install gcc instead and gcc++ etc ... bb:/home/bb/bb1.9g-btf/src/ $ make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
0 Replies

2. AIX

Big Brother

Have anyone heard of "Big Brother"? This is a tool to monitor system with GUI screen and ease system administration work. It can show you whether the system have CPU more than threshold by showing a green light or red light.. You can set any checking so that it will assist to monitor and show you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
8 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

How Much Vacation Do You Take? | UNIX.com Community | Annual Vacation (YouTube)

Here is another simple YT video co-produced with our video partner. How Much Vacation Do You Take? | UNIX.com Community | Annual Vacation https://youtu.be/MSy553qS654 Background sound track is called "Caribbean Paradise" Sounds like something wisecracker would have played in one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
MAC_BSDEXTENDED(4)					   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					MAC_BSDEXTENDED(4)

NAME
mac_bsdextended -- file system firewall policy SYNOPSIS
To compile the file system firewall policy into your kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: options MAC options MAC_BSDEXTENDED Alternately, to load the file system firewall policy module at boot time, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options MAC and in loader.conf(5): mac_bsdextended_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The mac_bsdextended security policy module provides an interface for the system administrator to impose mandatory rules regarding users and some system objects. Rules are uploaded to the module (typically using ugidfw(8), or some other tool utilizing libugidfw(3)) where they are stored internally and used to determine whether to allow or deny specific accesses (see ugidfw(8)). IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
While the traditional mac(9) entry points are implemented, policy labels are not used; instead, access control decisions are made by iterat- ing through the internal list of rules until a rule which denies the particular access is found, or the end of the list is reached. The mac_bsdextended policy works similar to ipfw(8) or by using a first match semantic. This means that not all rules are applied, only the first matched rule; thus if Rule A allows access and Rule B blocks access, Rule B will never be applied. Sysctls The following sysctls may be used to tweak the behavior of mac_bsdextended: security.mac.bsdextended.enabled Set to zero or one to toggle the policy off or on. security.mac.bsdextended.rule_count List the number of defined rules, the maximum rule count is current set at 256. security.mac.bsdextended.rule_slots List the number of rule slots currently being used. security.mac.bsdextended.firstmatch_enabled Toggle between the old all rules match functionality and the new first rule matches functionality. This is enabled by default. security.mac.bsdextended.logging Log all access violations via the AUTHPRIV syslog(3) facility. security.mac.bsdextended.rules Currently does nothing interesting. SEE ALSO
libugidfw(3), syslog(3), mac(4), mac_biba(4), mac_ifoff(4), mac_lomac(4), mac_mls(4), mac_none(4), mac_partition(4), mac_portacl(4), mac_seeotheruids(4), mac_test(4), ipfw(8), ugidfw(8), mac(9) HISTORY
The mac_bsdextended policy module first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0 and was developed by the TrustedBSD Project. The "match first case" and logging capabilities were later added by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>. AUTHORS
This software was contributed to the FreeBSD Project by NAI Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BSD
May 21, 2005 BSD