Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: foreach syntax error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting foreach syntax error Post 41695 by r1500 on Sunday 12th of October 2003 03:32:30 PM
Old 10-12-2003
I knew I forgot something, Thanks for the help

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

2. AIX

nim mksysb error :/usr/bin/savevg[33]: 1016,07: syntax error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, help me please. I am trying to create a mksysb bakup using nim. I am geting this error, how to correct it ? : Command : failed stdout: yes stderr: no... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell - foreach - No Match error

Hi All, I am facing 'No Match' problem with foreach loop in C shell script. Initially I tried following grep command showing results properly as shown at the end of the Thread. But foreach command is throwing the error 'No match'. grep -n Inserted audit_file foreach insertstr (`grep -n... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adurga
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach loop. Error : Too many words from ``

Hi expert, I have a large text file :- number.txt 1 2 3 4 5 6 .... And i using csh foreach loop to read the file line by line. foreach line(`cat number.txt) set number = $line <Calculation> end (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincyoxy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for / foreach syntax issues (in bash or tcsh)

So I am new to unix, and actually anything outside drag and drop with the mouse (been learning for about a week so far) . I have been using the foreach command in tcsh because I am working on a group of files. Basically what I need is to insert part of the filename as the first line in the file.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepolypore
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach statement error in cshell

Hi, while executing the following c-shell script i got the error "Couldn't find an 'end' to close a 'foreach' statement" can't find the mistake ...plz help.. script :: echo "enter build folder name in following sequence L-<REV>_<BUILD>" set BUILD = $< set file= `cat file1` foreach i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arup1980
2 Replies

8. Linux

Ambiguous redirect error and syntax error when using on multiple files

Hi, I need help on following linux bash script. When I linux commands for loop or while loop on individual file it runs great. but now I want the script to run on N number of files so it gives me ambiguous redirect error on line 12 and syntax error on line 22 : (pls help ); #!/bin/bash #... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhusudan Das
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF section problem. syntax error: unexpected end of file error

Hello, I have another problem with my script. Please accept my apologies, but I am really nooby in sh scripts. I am writing it for first time. My script: returned=`tail -50 SapLogs.log | grep -i "Error"` echo $returned if ; then echo "There is no errors in the logs" fi And after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedzio
10 Replies
XSLT-PARSER(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    XSLT-PARSER(1)

NAME
xslt-parser - XSLT transformations SYNOPSIS
xslt-parser [options] <project> DESCRIPTION
xslt-parser performs stylesheet transformations. When given a project name, it appends `.xsl' for the XSLT stylesheet and `.xml' for the XML file to apply the stylesheet to and performs the transformation using the XML::XSLT perl module. OPTIONS
-c Pass through HTML::Clean. You must have HTML::Clean installed. -d Turns debugging on. This can produce a lot of noise. -n NoWeb. You can use xslt-parser as a CGI script. With this option, it will not output the headers that are usually needed. -s <file> Specify a seperate different stylesheet. Usually, xslt-parser will simply append `.xsl' to the project name to get the stylesheet. A different stylesheet can be specified using this option. AUTHORS
Geert Josten <gjosten@sci.kun.nl>, Mark A. Hershberger <mah@everybody.org> SEE ALSO
XML::XSLT The w3.org XSLT recommendation at <http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt> POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 48: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.12.1 2001-03-01 XSLT-PARSER(1)