Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: purchasing a unix account
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers purchasing a unix account Post 4162 by Randy on Thursday 19th of July 2001 03:56:14 PM
Old 07-19-2001
You can get free email accounts at Yahoo! . . . they use BSD UNIX . . . there are many more free accounts available as well.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix shell account

i purchased a unix shell account and got myself into a bit of trouble with my providers heh i got 3 automated emails telling me i had 3 background processes running, and my limit is two, which i knew. after a couple of emails between myself and a human being, he suggested i look up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: turf
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a unix account

Hi, Please could some advise how to create a unix account, from the root account. thanks you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Account

What is the command if i want to view the script of the user being executed. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaibiganmi
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Purchasing Solaris Software

I am traditionally from the world of HP-UX, but have inherited seven Sun servers - a mixture of V120 and V240 servers. They have not been on software support with Sun/Oracle and I now need to purchase the latest versions of Solaris to put on them rather than put them back on support. Does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcusfra
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Downloading or purchasing HP-UX for HP Integrity rx4640

Hi I bought an old server hp rx4640 for 160$ on the online auction, but I do not have the cd with the operating system for it. Can you tell me if there is any way to obtain CDs with HP-UX form HPE? What kind of version can I get from HPE? Do I have to pay for it? Do you I have to buy a cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbudny
3 Replies
lppasswd(1)						      Easy Software Products						       lppasswd(1)

NAME
lppasswd - add, change, or delete digest passwords. SYNOPSIS
lppasswd [ -a ] [ -g groupname ] [ -x ] [ username ] DESCRIPTION
lppasswd adds, changes, or deletes passwords in the CUPS digest password file, passwd.md5. When run by a normal user, lppasswd will prompt for the old and new passwords. When run by the super-user, lppasswd can add new accounts (-a username), change existing accounts (user- name), or delete accounts (-x username) in the digest password file. Digest usernames do not have to match local UNIX usernames, but only UNIX usernames are supported by the CUPS client programs (lp(1), lpr(1), etc.) The -g option specifies a group other than the system group - "sys", "system", or "root", depending on the operating system. SECURITY ISSUES
The lppasswd command is installed setuid to root. While every attempt has been made to make it secure against exploits that could grant super-user priviledges to unpriviledged users, paranoid system administrators may wish to disable or change the ownership of the program to an unpriviledged account. SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpr(1), CUPS Software Administrators Manual, CUPS Software Users Manual, http://localhost:631/documentation.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1993-2002 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved. 7 June 2001 Common UNIX Printing System lppasswd(1)