Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers no shell connection closed error Post 41502 by hassan2 on Tuesday 7th of October 2003 01:08:01 PM
Old 10-07-2003
I agree with Perderabo, if you still having problem I would suggest removing users by using the following command

userdel user_name

then add users again using the command

useradd -g user_group -d /user_home_directory -s /usr/bin/ksh user_name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Server unexpectedly closed network connection error in passwordless in ssh through

Hi , when i try to passwordless connection login in ssh through putty, i am getting the "Server unexpectedly closed network connection" error.i have already finished the public and private key settings for the particular user. thanks MaroV (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script/telnet - Remove/Control "Connection closed by foreign host"

How do I gain control of the "Connection closed by foreign host" message telnet yields when you connect to it in a shell script? I'm using the output: #!/usr/local/bin/bash count=$(ping -c 1 $1 | grep 'received' | awk -F',' '{ print $2 }' | awk '{ print $1 }') if ; then echo "$1 PING "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tomcat Connection closed

Hi how can do why a process closed a connection? # lsof -i tcp:8080 COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE NODE NAME java 5851 tomcat 29u IPv6 73216185 TCP *:webcache (LISTEN) # telnet localhost 8080 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lain
0 Replies

5. Solaris

"Connection closed by" error

OS: Solaris 8 Sparc server1:userA:/home/userA# ssh userB@server1 Connection closed by < IP address> Problem: From being a userA, I am unable to connect/ssh to the same server as when trying to use a different account. (userB) Do you know where can i start checking? Here are some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrist
3 Replies

6. AIX

ssh connection closed by ip

Hi i am trying to do ssh without password between 2 aix servers. before i generate the keys, i am able to do the ssh & it is asking for password & i am able to login. ======================== # ssh 172.29.150.77 root@172.29.150.77's password: ======================== but when i generate rsa... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: makarand.bhatka
1 Replies

7. Solaris

"Connection closed by foreign host error" in Solaris 10

Version Details Solaris version : Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10x_u10wos_17b X86 $ uname -a SunOS tippy178 5.10 Generic_147441-01 i86pc i386 i86pcThe Issue +++++++++ I have two solaris 10 Virtual Machines created using Virtual Box. One of my applications running on Source was trying to connect... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Connection closed by host error in rhel 6 Linux

Hi All, I am new to Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 version. I am facing an issue with my lab server which is having RHEL6 lab1:root> uname -a Linux lab1 2.6.32-358.18.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 2 17:04:38 EDT 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I am getting this error for every 18 minutes 30... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: go2suresh1979
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet error- Escape character is '^]' and connection closed by foreign host

In program, I want to telnet the ports present in telnet.txt file and capture screenshot of open port which is opened on new terminal. Problems: Escape character is '^]' and Connection closed by foreign host. Loop is not working properly. It only take one ports and closed the connection. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk151993
9 Replies
GROUP(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation ALTER GROUP(7) NAME
ALTER_GROUP - change role name or membership SYNOPSIS
ALTER GROUP group_name ADD USER user_name [, ... ] ALTER GROUP group_name DROP USER user_name [, ... ] ALTER GROUP group_name RENAME TO new_name DESCRIPTION
ALTER GROUP changes the attributes of a user group. This is an obsolete command, though still accepted for backwards compatibility, because groups (and users too) have been superseded by the more general concept of roles. The first two variants add users to a group or remove them from a group. (Any role can play the part of either a "user" or a "group" for this purpose.) These variants are effectively equivalent to granting or revoking membership in the role named as the "group"; so the preferred way to do this is to use GRANT(7) or REVOKE(7). The third variant changes the name of the group. This is exactly equivalent to renaming the role with ALTER ROLE (ALTER_ROLE(7)). PARAMETERS
group_name The name of the group (role) to modify. user_name Users (roles) that are to be added to or removed from the group. The users must already exist; ALTER GROUP does not create or drop users. new_name The new name of the group. EXAMPLES
Add users to a group: ALTER GROUP staff ADD USER karl, john; Remove a user from a group: ALTER GROUP workers DROP USER beth; COMPATIBILITY
There is no ALTER GROUP statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
GRANT(7), REVOKE(7), ALTER ROLE (ALTER_ROLE(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 ALTER GROUP(7)