Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl: Filename expansion?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl: Filename expansion? Post 41499 by kowrip on Tuesday 7th of October 2003 11:45:25 AM
Old 10-07-2003
Re: Re: Re: Perl: Filename expansion?

Quote:
Originally posted by cbkihong
I think you mean to assign @ARGV to @array, not the other way round otherwise you destroyed the things in @ARGV.

By the way, that's just pretty a rewrite of what I wrote just now. Smilie
yeah, my mistake .... I meant assign @ARGV to @array
clobbering the @ARGV would NOT be good Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open filename with special characters in Perl

Hi All, I am facing a weird problem. I have got a directory structure copied from windows to Linux. Some of the folders are named like /gfs/data/Dow Jones $5/ DJ FCBOT_O_tick_1998.zip /gfs/data/Dow Jones $5/ DJ FCBOT_O_tick_2000.CSV /gfs/data/Dow Jones... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitrashatru
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory -l filename perl

Can anybody let me know what following commands will do in perl 1.my $result = `/main/home/bin/iwex -l '$File1'`; 2.my $setcmd = "/main/home/bin/iwex -s \"$File2\" \"$File3\""; where $File1 $File2 $File3 are regular files. Please suggest something. Ur welcome (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print the expansion of the found string (the expansion is beween two delimiters '-' , '||'

Hi , could anyone help me out with this problem. sample.txt has this content : u001- this is used for project1 || u002- this is used for p2|| not to be printed u003- this is used for project3 || u004- this is used for p4 || u005- this is used for project5 || u006- this is used for p6... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji PK
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename from splitting files to have the same filename of the original file with counter value

Hi all, I have a list of xml file. I need to split the files to a different files when see the <ko> tag. The list of filename are B20090908.1100-20090908.1200_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml B20090908.1200-20090908.1300_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml B20090908.1300-20090908.1400_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[PERL] Cannot stat or move filename - £££F3AERO££.txt

Scenario: Users drop files into a directory which is regularly polled by my PERL process. On detecting a file my process will move it from the poll dir to a working directory. A user created a file with a £ symbol in the filename and my process now fails. e.g £££F3AERO££.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thefal9
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to append current date to filename.tgz in perl

i would like to know how to append current date in a filename with .tgz extension. #!/usr/bin/perl my $date = `date + %Y%m%d`; system("sudo mv /tmp/nyucs01_config_backup.tgz /misc/nyucs01_config_backup_$date.tgz"); im getting this error message: sh: line 1: .tgz: command not found (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to split the filename

In PERL script I have few files named theme1.htm,theme2.htm,theme3.htm and so on. now I need to write perl code to split the the filename and store only that particular digit. Example -------------- filename is theme1.htm output should be 1 another example ---------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with filename spaces in Perl

The following command to replace text in place in multiple files in a directory is tripping up on filename spaces (Windows environment). I really don't know Perl. find '\\server\directory' | xargs perl -pi -e 's/textA/textB/g'Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding timestap to filename using perl

Hello, I am trying to create a file in windows and i want the filename to have timestamp as well but something is wrong and i can not understand waht. The code that i use is the following ($cwkday,$cmonth,$cday,$ctime,$cyear) = split(/\s+/, localtime); $current_date =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use parameter expansion over a parameter expansion in bash.

Hello All, Could you please do help me here as I would like to perform parameter expansion in shell over a parameter expansion. Let's say I have following variable. path="/var/talend/nat/cdc" Now to get only nat I could do following. path1="${path%/*}" path1="${path1##*/}" Here... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
Net::Z3950::Simple2ZOOM(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Net::Z3950::Simple2ZOOM(3pm)

NAME
Net::Z3950::Simple2ZOOM - Gateway between Z39.50 and SRU/SRW SYNOPSIS
use Net::Z3950::Simple2ZOOM; $s2z = new Net::Z3950::Simple2ZOOM("somefile.xml"); $s2z->launch_server("someServer", @ARGV); DESCRIPTION
The "Net::Z3950::Simple2ZOOM" module provides all the application logic of a generic "Swiss Army Gateway" between Z39.50 and SRU. It is used by the "simple2zoom" program, and there is probably no good reason to make any other program to use it. For that reason, this library-level documentation is more than usually terse. The library has only two public entry points: the "new()" constructor and the "launch_server()" method. The synopsis above shows how they are used: a Simple2ZOOM object is created using "new()", then the "launch_server()" method is invoked on it to -- get ready for a big surprise here -- launch the server. (In fact, this synopsis is essentially the whole of the code of the "simple2zoom" program. All the work happens inside the library.) METHODS
new($configFile) $s2z = new Net::Z3950::Simple2ZOOM("somefile.xml"); Creates and returns a new Simple2ZOOM object, configured according to the XML file $configFile that is the only argument. The format of this file is described in "Net::Z3950::Simple2ZOOM::Config". launch_server($label, @ARGV) $s2z->launch_server("someServer", @ARGV); Launches the Simple2ZOOM server: this method never returns. The $label string is used in logging, and the @ARGV vector of command-line arguments is interpreted by the YAZ backend server as described at http://www.indexdata.dk/yaz/doc/server.invocation.tkl SEE ALSO
The "simple2zoom" program. The "Net::Z3950::Simple2ZOOM::Config" manual for the configuration-file format. The "Net::Z3950::SimpleServer" module. The "ZOOM" module (in the "Net::Z3950::ZOOM" distribution). AUTHOR
Sebastian Hammer <quinn@indexdata.com> Mike Taylor <mike@indexdata.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENCE
Copyright (C) 2007 by Index Data. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.8 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.12.4 2009-04-08 Net::Z3950::Simple2ZOOM(3pm)