Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setting up a personal FTP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Setting up a personal FTP Post 41396 by gearshifter on Sunday 5th of October 2003 03:28:28 PM
Old 10-05-2003
ok, the instructions is to get to [root@localhost root]#

I dont know how to get there ....

i am at [gearshifter@localhost /]$

lol.. what do i do now?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up FTP on Linux/Unix

Hi, I do not currently have any versions of Unix or linux, but I am considering getting one. I have a home computer and I want to set it up with a linux with a GUI (I know nothing about that whol command line prompt),and I want to allow my friends to access certain files on my hard drive using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Setting up ftp to ip?

How can I set up a webpage from my computer, so that people knowing my ip-adress can connect? I'm using Ubuntu/linux and have some ftp programs but I have no idea how to set the up. Regards Richard (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riwa
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting username and password for ftp

hi, i have set up an FTP server in one of our systems. could some one tell me the procedure to set up the username and password for it to enable other users to access the server. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: div
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to setting ftp

Dear expert, I have problem when try ftp to my unix box (solaris 10). I was setting /etc/default/login file for enable remote access. enabling service for ftp and in /etc/ftpd/ftpusers thereis exist root. but can not using root for ftp (message : 530 login incorrect) but with using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heru_90
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up FTP access to my Tomcat Dir

Hi Guys, Im trying to set up FTP to my Apache Tomcat dir on my server so my web designer can FTP in and look at things in a live environment. However at first I couldn't write to the dir, so i change some permissions, and now I cant access it at all! Here is my LS -all output: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boarderstu
4 Replies

6. Linux

Setting up FTP service +on Fedora 9

Hi all, I set up FTP service at my linuxAbox. Everything is good. When i did FTP from my LinuxB box , it authenticated just fine. The problem is: 1. I can't list the directory 2. when i use ls command to list the directory, it showed: 227 Entering passive mode... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up FTP account

Hi, I am new to the workd of FTP administration. I was asked to make an account on our FTP server so that someone can only download and upload to his home directory. The account is made but what settings/cconfiguration can I verify to ensure that the user has access to his home directory only?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

8. AIX

default umask setting during ftp

Hi all, How do i change the default primary group of files uploaded in AIX (via ftp) in such a way that the files will be owned by tom:staff? I understand that the default file permission can be set in /etc/profile for aix by adding a new line umask=032 Do I add a line in umask as well?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp files ntrans setting

Hi all, am transfer some set files to remote machine from unix like put file1 put file2 put file3 put fileend4 But on remote machine files are getting placed like this file1 fileend4 file2 file3 Are their is any sequence of file transfer like alphabetic order or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
3 Replies
MYSQLREPLICATE(1)						  MySQL Utilities						 MYSQLREPLICATE(1)

NAME
mysqlreplicate - Setup replication among two MySQL servers SYNOPSIS
mysqlreplicate [options] DESCRIPTION
This utility permits an administrator to start replication from one server (the master) to another (the slave). The user provides login information for the slave and connection information for connecting to the master. It is also possible to specify a database to be used to test replication. The utility reports conditions where the storage engines on the master and the slave differ. It also reports a warning if the InnoDB stor- age engine differs on the master and slave. For InnoDB to be the same, both servers must be running the same "type" of InnoDB (built-in or the InnoDB Plugin), and InnoDB on both servers must have the same major and minor version numbers and enabled state. By default, the utility issues warnings for mismatches between the sets of storage engines, the default storage engine, and the InnoDB storage engine. To produce errors instead, use the --pedantic option, which requires storage engines to be the same on the master and slave. The -vv option displays any discrepancies between the storage engines and InnoDB values, with or without the --pedantic option. Replication can be started using one of the following strategies. Start from the current position (default) Start replication from the current master binary log file and position. The utility uses the SHOW MASTER STATUS statement to retrieve this information. Start from the beginning Start replication from the first event recorded in the master binary log. To do this, use the --start-from-beginning option. Start from a binary log file Start replication from the first event in a specific master binary log file. To do this, use the --master-log-file option. Start from a specific event Start replication from specific event coordinates (specific binary log file and position). To do this, use the --master-log-file and --master-log-pos options. OPTIONS
mysqlreplicate accepts the following command-line options: --help Display a help message and exit. --master=<master> Connection information for the master server in <user>[:<passwd>]@<host>[:<port>][:<socket>] format. --master-log-file=<master_log_file> Begin replication from the beginning of this master log file. --master-log-pos=<master_log_pos> Begin replication from this position in the master log file. This option is not valid unless --master-log-file is given. --pedantic, -p Fail if both servers do not have the same set of storage engines, the same default storage engine, and the same InnoDB storage engine. --rpl-user=<replication_user> The user and password for the replication user, in name:passwd format. The default is rpl:rpl. --slave=<slave> Connection information for the slave server in <user>[:<passwd>]@<host>[:<port>][:<socket>] format. --start-from-beginning, -b Start replication at the beginning of events logged in the master binary log. This option is not valid unless both --master-log-file and --master-log-pos are given. --test-db=<test_database> The database name to use for testing the replication setup. If this option is not given, no testing is done, only error checking. --verbose, -v Specify how much information to display. Use this option multiple times to increase the amount of information. For example, -v = verbose, -vv = more verbose, -vvv = debug. --version Display version information and exit. NOTES
The login user for the master server must have the appropriate permissions to grant access to all databases and the ability to create a user account. For example, the user account used to connect to the master must have the WITH GRANT OPTION privilege. The server IDs on the master and slave must be nonzero and unique. The utility reports an error if the server ID is 0 on either server or the same on the master and slave. Set these values before starting this utility. EXAMPLES
To set up replication between two MySQL instances running on different ports of the same host using the default settings, use this command: $ mysqlreplicate --master=root@localhost:3306 --slave=root@localhost:3307 --rpl-user=rpl:rpl # master on localhost: ... connected. # slave on localhost: ... connected. # Checking for binary logging on master... # Setting up replication... # ...done. The following command uses --pedantic to ensure that replication between the master and slave is successful if and only if both servers have the same storage engines available, the same default storage engine, and the same InnoDB storage engine: $ mysqlreplicate --master=root@localhost:3306 --slave=root@localhost:3307 --rpl-user=rpl:rpl -vv --pedantic # master on localhost: ... connected. # slave on localhost: ... connected. # master id = 2 # slave id = 99 # Checking InnoDB statistics for type and version conflicts. # Checking storage engines... # Checking for binary logging on master... # Setting up replication... # Flushing tables on master with read lock... # Connecting slave to master... # CHANGE MASTER TO MASTER_HOST = [...omitted...] # Starting slave... # status: Waiting for master to send event # error: 0: # Unlocking tables on master... # ...done. The following command starts replication from the current position of the master (which is the default): $ mysqlreplicate --master=root@localhost:3306 --slave=root@localhost:3307 --rpl-user=rpl:rpl # master on localhost: ... connected. # slave on localhost: ... connected. # Checking for binary logging on master... # Setting up replication... # ...done. The following command starts replication from the beginning of recorded events on the master: $ mysqlreplicate --master=root@localhost:3306 --slave=root@localhost:3307 --rpl-user=rpl:rpl --start-from-beginning # master on localhost: ... connected. # slave on localhost: ... connected. # Checking for binary logging on master... # Setting up replication... # ...done. The following command starts replication from the beginning of a specific master binary log file: $ mysqlreplicate --master=root@localhost:3306 --slave=root@localhost:3307 --rpl-user=rpl:rpl --master-log-file=my_log.000003 # master on localhost: ... connected. # slave on localhost: ... connected. # Checking for binary logging on master... # Setting up replication... # ...done. The following command starts replication from specific master binary log coordinates (specific log file and position): $ mysqlreplicate --master=root@localhost:3306 --slave=root@localhost:3307 --rpl-user=rpl:rpl --master-log-file=my_log.000001 --master-log-pos=96 # master on localhost: ... connected. # slave on localhost: ... connected. # Checking for binary logging on master... # Setting up replication... # ...done. RECOMMENDATIONS
You should set read_only = 1 in the my.cnf file for the slave to ensure that no accidental data changes, such as INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE, and so forth, are permitted on the slave other than those produced by events read from the master. Use the --pedantic and -vv options for setting up replication on production servers to avoid possible problems with differing storage engines. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2010, 2012, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA AUTHOR
MySQL Utilities Team COPYRIGHT
2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. 1.0.3 May 09, 2012 MYSQLREPLICATE(1)