Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Limit backup files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Limit backup files Post 41274 by Perderabo on Wednesday 1st of October 2003 05:04:05 PM
Old 10-01-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by kjaisan
Am I doing anything wrong?
Does using HP-UX count? Smilie They have to be the only vendor who doesn't realize that the average user would like to send mail in ascii. Now I now why you were avoiding your ua's.

Put the line:
set charset=us-ascii
in $HOME/.mailrc

Or better yet, put it in /usr/share/lib/mailx.rc so it affects all instances of mailx on the box.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

limit of files in the ufs filesystem

Hello ! Does anyone knows which de limit of files in the ufs filesystem in the Solaris 2.6 ?? Danke, Witt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

limit to number of files in a given directory

Everyone, We are on a unix AIX 4.3 platform and our application is written as such that all configuration files must reside in a specific directory. Currently there are over 10,000 files in this directory (and growing at about 300 per month). My question is is there a physical limit to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedrict
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size Limit for zip files

Hi, I am using the jar command to compress a directory. The size of the directory contents is 105 GB. The jar/zip that gets created is approximately 5.5 GB in size. But this file seems to be corrupt when verified using the unzip command. Is there any limitation for the size of the zip file?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prafulasher
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to limit files downloaded by wget

I am trying to download a page and retrieve only wav and mp3 files via wget. the website is: Alarm Sounds | Free Sound Effects | Alarm Sound Clips | Sound Bites my command is : wget -rl 2 -e robots=off -A wav,mp3 http://soundbible.com/tags-alarm.html When not using the -A wav,mp3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any limit on files

I am doing an ftp of around 1010 files and I am using mput for this. For some reason its only transferring 10 or 20 files and the rest are not getting transferred. There is some socket error in the log. is there an issue if we have more than 50 or so files for mput. here is the o/p in the log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files and seach limit with grep

Hi, I'm testing nginx-cache-purge and notice that grep searches all file content, and since the cache key is in the second line I would like to limit grep searching. This is the script I'm using: github.com/perusio/nginx-cache-purge The line I would like to change and limit grep search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nfn
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit Number of files

hi guys how can i limit number of files in a disk or partition ? or how can i make a limit to inode number for a disk or partition ? ext3 or ext4 file system (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhs
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Limit number of files transferred

I've a folder in remote server and it has 50 files. I like to transfer these files by first 10 and next 10 files. I'm using mget command to transfer the files. How to limit the file transfer limit to 10. instead of copying 50 files at a time. Thanks Janarthan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janarthan
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 11 - opened files limit ?

Hey all, I'm running apache (cswapache2) on a Solaris 11.3 server. Recently, if I create a new vhost, the service fails to restart, and enters in maintenance mode. If I comment lines with log files, the service starts again. I guess I've reached the limit. I checked the current values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omegared77
8 Replies
comsat(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 comsat(8)

NAME
comsat - The biff server SYNOPSIS
comsat DESCRIPTION
The comsat server receives reports of incoming mail and notifies users who request this service. comsat is invoked by the inetd(8) daemon when it receives messages on a datagram port associated with the biff(1) service specification in /etc/services(4). The datagram contains a 1-line message of the form: user@mailbox-offset If the user specified is logged in and the associated terminal has the owner execute bit turned on (with biff y), offset is used as a seek offset into the file named in mailbox. The first 7 lines or 560 characters of the mes- sage are printed on the user's system. The message excludes mail header lines other than the From or Subject lines. The comsat command always tries to convert incoming mail messages from the mail interchange codeset to the user's application codeset. It determines the mail interchange code first by checking the mail message itself to see if it contains the required information. Otherwise, the system-wide default mail interchange code in the file /usr/lib/mail-codesets will be used. If no such system file exists, no codeset conversion will be performed. The determination of the user's application code in each terminal session is by one of the following methods. The application codeset defined in the user's Asian tty driver. The codeset name stored in the ~/.codesetdevname file, where devname is the name of the terminal device for the current terminal session. You can obtain the value of devname by issuing the tty command. For example, if the tty command returns /dev/ttys8, use ttys8 as the value for devname. The lang valued option defined in $HOME/.mailrc or /usr/share/lib/Mail.rc. FILES
Specifies the command path. Includes information about logged-in users and their associated ttys. File containing mailx subcommands to customize mailx for a specific user. File containing mailx subcommands to change mailx for all users on the system. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: biff(1), inetd(8), mailx(1), mh(1) Files: services(4), inetd.conf(4), tty(7) delim off comsat(8)