Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Probing memory slots
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Probing memory slots Post 41234 by cw1972 on Wednesday 1st of October 2003 06:21:50 AM
Old 10-01-2003
Probing memory slots

Hello,

I'm running Red Hat Linux on a Dell Poweredge 2650 Rack Server and wondered if anyone knew of a tool or command I could use to probe the memory slots on the motherboard.

I know the machine has six memory slots and currently contains 1GB RAM, what I don't know however, is if it contains 2 x 512mb or 1x 1GB and also what the specification of the memory is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape driver slots confgure

Hi Does anyone know the command to configure HP tape slots. I have tried the following on Sun, but its notworking. This is the first time I have configured a tape drive with muiltple slots. root@ssdb0009 # cfgadm -l Ap_Id Type Receptacle Occupant Conditio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisca
3 Replies

2. Solaris

probing disks

I am setting up a Storedge Multipack and upon booting(stop + a) I did a probe-scsi all. Is there any way of viewing this output one page at a time?....it scrolls by too fast and I cannot get all the info. Also it lists the drives here, but after logging in format does not show them. How... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
7 Replies

3. Solaris

probe-scsi-all hangs probing D1000

Hi folks, I´m having a problem with a Ultra60 box with diff scsi pci card conected to one D1000. The conection are correct because a checked the D1000 guide. When a do probe-scsi-all in the OBP, the D1000 blink all disks one time then the led of one of the disks powers off and then nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to look for open pci slots

I'm looking for open PCI slots in our array of sun boxes. I need help on how to distinguish if there's an open slot or not using prtdiag and prtconf. Is there a better tool for this? TIA. Here's my prtdiag -v | grep pci: pci 66 PCI5 SUNW,qlc-pci1077,2312 (scsi-+ ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: revzalot
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Memory Slots

Hi All, Can Any body tell me how to find out the how many memory slots are there in SUN server ?? Thanks and Regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
2 Replies

6. AIX

Memory - Which slots and how much?

Hi, all. I was wondering if there's a command or log file that will tell me how much RAM is in the system and, more specifically, the size of each stick. Thanks, Jason (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonRkr
3 Replies

7. Solaris

available PCI slots on v440

How do I find any available PCI slots on a v440? When I run prtconf, I get the following output? But I am not able to make out whether all the PCI slots are used. ================================= IO Devices ================================= Bus Freq Brd Type MHz Slot ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtamminen
1 Replies
subscription-manager-gui(8)				       Subscription Manager				       subscription-manager-gui(8)

NAME
subscription-manager-gui - Launches the UI client of the Subscription Manager. SYNOPSIS
subscription-manager-gui [--register] DESCRIPTION
subscription-manager-gui opens the local client tool to manage subscriptions and installed products on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. The same tasks that can be performed by invoking subscription-manager can be performed in the GUI, including registering systems with a subscription management service, applying and removing subscriptions, and viewing the subscription status of installed products. The Subscription Manager UI can also be opened by selecting the Red Hat Subscription Manager item from the Applications > System Tools menu in RHEL 5.x or the System > Administration menu in RHEL 6.x. OPTIONS
--register If a system has not yet been registered, then the GUI registration page can be opened immediately, as the Subscription Manager GUI comes up. This is only relevant for unregistered systems; if this is used after a system is registered, the option is ignored. REFERENCES
For procedures and tasks that can be performed in the Subscription Manager UI, check the Gnome help files (by pressing <F1>) or refer to the RHEL Subscription Management Guide at <https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Subscription_Management/1.0/html/Sub- scription_Management_Guide/index.html>. ASSOCIATED FILES
* /usr/sbin/subscription-manager-gui * /usr/sbin/subscription-manager * /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf BUGS
This client is part of Red Hat Subscription Manager. To file bugs against this client, go to https://bugzilla.redhat.com, and select Red Hat > Red Hat Enterprise Linux > subscription-manager. AUTHORS
Deon Lackey, <dlackey@redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Red Hat, Inc. This is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2). A copy of this license is available at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt. version 1.2 December 18, 2012 subscription-manager-gui(8)