Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: why tell "core dumped"?
Top Forums Programming why tell "core dumped"? Post 41203 by fresh on Tuesday 30th of September 2003 05:28:21 PM
Old 09-30-2003
thank you

First of all,thank you very much.
All you said that I have understand.
I am a newer.Could you recommend some books about c progra in
unix.
thank you for you help

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

What is an "Illegal Instruction -Core Dumped"

Hai! i am working on Digital UNIX V3.2c Work station, my program uses Pro*C, C and X-Motif calls. i am facing problem while running application saying "Illegal Instruction Core Dumped". debugger dbx shows error at a line which shows "noname". when commenting large portion of the code it runs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

script running with "ksh" dumping core but not with "sh"

Hi, I have small script written in korn shell. When it is called from different script, its dumping core, but no core dump when we run it standalone. And its not dumping core if we run the script using "/bin/sh" instead of "ksh" Can some body please help me how to resolve this issue. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: simhe02
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a string across line break (because of "segmentation fault core dumped")

Hi, thanks to a precedent post, and thanks to the reply of derekludwig of the forum, I have convert my first awk command as : test.txt is : AAAAAGHIJKLAjKMEFJKLjklABCDJkLEFGHIJKL awk -f findstring.awk test.txt > textreturn.txtfindstring.awk is : BEGIN{ SLENGTH = 3 } { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thewizarde6
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
gcore(1)						      General Commands Manual							  gcore(1)

NAME
gcore - get core images of running processes SYNOPSIS
filename] process-id... DESCRIPTION
The command creates a core image of each specified process. By default, the name of the core image file for process-id will be The process information in the core file can be obtained by using debuggers. When the command creates a core image of each specified process, the process is temporarily stopped. Further, when the creation of core image is complete, the process continues to execute. Options Creates the core file with name of the file as If multiple process-id values are specified, filename will be common for all the core image files. See the section. Operands process-id The process ID for which a core image file will be created. RETURN VALUE
Upon completion, exits with one of the following values: A core file was successfully created. An error condition was encountered. In such a case, the creation of a core file is not guaranteed. The error conditions could be because of o A nonexistent or incorrect process ID was specified. o An invalid option was specified. o The current working directory of the process or directory from which was invoked had no write permissions. o The current working directory of the process was not accessible. o The file system is full. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Dump the core image of process 1030 in the file "core.1030". Example 2 Dump the core image of the process 1030 in the file "test.1030". Example 3 Dump the core image of the processes 1030, 1031, 1032, and 1033 in the files "core.1030", "core.1031", "core.1032", "core.1033". Example 4 Dump the core image of the processes 1030, 1031, 1032, and 1033 in the files FILES
Core image file for process-id. (Both where is invoked and the current working directory of the process.) AUTHOR
was developed by Chris Bertin (HP). SEE ALSO
adb(1), gdb(1), kill(1), ttrace(2), a.out(4), core(4). gcore(1)