Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Associative Array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Associative Array Post 41148 by tine on Tuesday 30th of September 2003 08:56:18 AM
Old 09-30-2003
Associative Array

Hi,
I am trying to make an associative array to use in a popup_menu on a website. Here is what i have:

foreach $entr ( @entries )
{
$temp_uid[$s] = $entr->get_value(uid);
$temp_naam[$entr->get_value(uid)] = $entr->get_value(sn);
$s++;
}

This is the popup_menu i want to use it in.
popup_menu(-name=>'modcon', -values=>\@temp_uid, -labels=>\%temp_naam);

It doesn't work and i cannot find where i am wrong!
hopefully someone can help..

Tine

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sorting an associative array

Hi, When using sort on an associative array: foreach $key (sort(keys(%opalfabet))){ $value = $opalfabet{$key}; $result .= $value; } How does it handle double values? It seems to me that it removes them, is that true? If so, is there a way to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, associative array, compare files

i have a file like this < '393200103052';'H3G';'20081204' < '393200103059';'TIM';'20110111' < '393200103061';'TIM';'20060206' < '393200103064';'OPI';'20110623' > '393200103052';'HKG';'20081204' > '393200103056';'TIM';'20110111' > '393200103088';'TIM';'20060206' Now i have to generate a file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthi123
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed on Associative array in awk

Hi All, I got stuck up with shell script where i use awk. The scenario which i am working on is as below. I have a file text.txt with contents COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4 1 A 500 400 1 B 500 400 1 A 500 200 2 A 290 300 2 B 290 280 3 C 100 100 I could able to sum col 3 and col4 based on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imsularif
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split string into map (Associative Array)

Hi Input: { committed = 782958592; init = 805306368; max = 1051394048; used = 63456712; } Result: A map (maybe Associative Array) where I can iterate through the key/value. Something like this: for key in $map do echo key=$key value=$map done Sample output from the map: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chitech
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative array

I have an associative array named table declare -A table table="fruit" table="veggie" table="GT" table="eminem" Now say I have a variable returning the value highway How do I find corresponding value GT ?? (this value that I find (GT in this case) is supposed to be the name of a mysql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leghorn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative Array with more than one item per entry

Hi all I have a problem where i have a large list ( up to 1000 of items) and need to have 2 items pulled from it into variables in a bash script my list is like the following and I could have it as an array or possibly an external text file maintained separately. Every line is different and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcpoole
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Morse Code with Associative Array

Continuing my quest to learn BASH, Bourne, Awk, Grep, etc. on my own through the use of a few books. I've come to an exercise that has me absolutely stumped. The specifics: 1. Using ONLY BASH scripting commands (not sed, awk, etc.), write a script to convert a string on the command line to... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
22 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using associative array for comparison

Hello together, i make something wrong... I want an array that contains information to associate it for further processing. Here is something from my bash... You will know, what I'm trying to do. I have to point out in advance, that the variable $SYSOS is changing and not as static as in my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Decstasy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative array index question

I am trying to assign indexes to an associative array in a for loop but I have to use an eval command to make it work, this doesn't seem correct I don't have to do this with regular arrays For example, the following assignment fails without the eval command: #! /bin/bash read -d "\0" -a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riker1204
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Loading associative array from exported function

Hello. I have an export of an associative array build using declare -p SOME_ARRAY_NAME > SOME_FILE_NAME.txt. Producing some thing like declare -A SOME_ARRAY_NAME=( ="some_text" ="a_text" ......... ="another_text" ) in a text file. I have a stock of functions which are sourced from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
GOPHER_PARSEDIR(3)							 1							GOPHER_PARSEDIR(3)

gopher_parsedir - Translate a gopher formatted directory entry into an associative array.

SYNOPSIS
array gopher_parsedir (string $dirent) DESCRIPTION
gopher_parsedir(3) parses a gopher formatted directory entry into an associative array. While gopher returns text/plain documents for actual document requests. A request to a directory (such as /) will return specially encoded series of lines with each line being one directory entry or information line. PARAMETERS
o $dirent - The directory entry. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array whose components are: o type - One of the GOPHER_XXX constants. o title - The name of the resource. o path - The path of the resource. o host - The domain name of the host that has this document (or directory). o port - The port at which to connect on host. Upon failure, the additional data entry of the returned array will hold the parsed line. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Hypothetical output from gopher://gopher.example.com/ 0All about my gopher site. /allabout.txt gopher.example.com 70 9A picture of my cat. /pics/cat.png gopher.example.com 70 1A collection of my writings. /stories gopher.example.com 70 hThe HTTP version of this site. URL:http://www.example.com gopher.example.com 70 1Mirror of this site in Spain. / gopher.ejemplo.co.es 70 iWelcome to my gopher site. error.host 1 iPlease select one of the options above error.host 1 iSend complaints to /dev/null error.host 1 iLong live gopher! error.host 1 In the example above, the root directory at gopher.example.com knows about one DOCUMENT identified by 0 located at gopher://gopher.exam- ple.com:70/allabout.txt. It also knows about two other directory (which have their own listing files) at gopher://gopher.exmaple.com:70/stories and at gopher://gopher.ejemplo.co.es:70/. In addition there is a binary file, a link to an HTTP url, and several informative lines. By passing each line of the directory listing into gopher_parsedir(3), an associative array is formed containing a parsed out version of the data. Example #2 Using gopher_parsedir(3) <?php $directory = file("gopher://gopher.example.com"); foreach($directory as $dirent) { print_r(gopher_parsedir($dirent)); } ?> The above example will output: Array ( [type] => 0 [title] => All about my gopher site. [path] => /allabout.txt [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 9 [title] => A picture of my cat. [path] => /pics/cat.png [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 1 [title] => A collection of my writings. [path] => /stories [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 254 [title] => The HTTP version of this site. [path] => URL:http://www.example.com [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 1 [title] => Mirror of this site in Spain. [path] => / [host] => gopher.ejemplo.co.es [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Welcome to my gopher site. [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Please select one of the options above. [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Send complaints to /dev/null [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Long live gopher! [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) PHP Documentation Group GOPHER_PARSEDIR(3)