Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Linux Mandrake 9.1 running on Vmware workstation 4 Post 41132 by NewINLinux on Monday 29th of September 2003 10:06:37 PM
Old 09-29-2003
Where do i type that in linux or somewhere in the vmware workstation settings

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VMWare Workstation for home lab

I was wondering if anyone has used VMWare Workstation? I wanted to practice and learn Unix in a networking environment and have my own home lab. However room and money prevent me from buying several computers to do so. Any input would help thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder191
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/Linux Distributions on VMware Workstation 6?

Which distributions are known to have great performance, but also excellent ease of use and compatibility on VMware Workstation 6? I have 2GB of real RAM in my system and Windows Vista Home Premium as a host operating system. I can almost always get away with alotting up to 1GB of RAM for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrrrrrNiceGuy
1 Replies

3. Solaris

internet on solaris10 running on vmware workstation...

HI Admins, I am trying to run internet on solaris 10 on vmware workstation 6.5.. I have vista on my laptop. I tried following: 1. enabling DHCP and NAT on virtual network editor...for NAT I tried vmnet host:vmnet0 start/stop. 2. ifconfig -a showing pcn0 running for both ipv4 and ipv6....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

4. Solaris

NIS on vmware workstation

Hi Admins, I just have a doubt on NIS that, is it possible to run NIS on vmware workstation running more than 1 solaris instances. i.e. can we setup one solaris instance as master and others as slaves...?? I have vista on my laptop. I am concern about the domain name it will ask while... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies

5. Linux

vmware workstation

i have following :- fedora 16 x 64bit kernel 3.2.7-1 vmware workstation 8.0.2. Steps to install vmware workstation to access ESX machine 1- sh vmware name.bundle 2- setup started and completed with out any warning. 3- when i type "vmware " then "VMware Module Updater Started" and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engrtahir2007
2 Replies
aserver(1M)															       aserver(1M)

NAME
Aserver - start the audio server SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command starts the HP-UX Audio server, which can run on a system with audio hardware. See Audio(5) for information about which systems have audio hardware. The option forces the starting of the Audio server; this option is only needed if the Aserver has problems starting. The Audio Server Before using any audio tools such as the the system or X station must be running two audio server processes, called On a Series 700, the Remote Procedure Call daemon must also be running. Normally, the Aserver processes and start automatically when the system is booted. If problems occur on an ENTRIA or ENVIZEX X station, see the X station owner's manual. On a Series 700 Audio hardware, first check if is running. Type the following: If it is running, you see a line similar to the following. If it is not running, see HP 9000/DCE documentation for information on restarting it. If is running, verify that the Aserver is running. Type: If the Aserver is running you will see lines similar to the following, which indicate the presence of the two Aserver processes: If it is not running, become root and restart it as follows: If it fails to start, reissue the command with the option: Using Audio over the Network From a workstation, you can also use the Audio Editor and Control Panel over the network. However, the remote system is where the actual playback and recording occur. The local workstation (or audio client) can be any Series 700 system. The remote system (or audio server) can be a Series 700 or an X sta- tion with audio hardware and must have the Aserver processes running. If the server is a workstation, it must also allow access from remote clients (see asecure(1M)) and must have running. To make the system an audio client, set the variable by modifying the file as follows: Korn and POSIX Shells: C Shell: For system_name, identify the workstation or X Station running the Aserver. If the variable is not set, the Audio Library attempts to use to the Aserver on the system defined by the variable. If neither nor is set, the Aserver on the local machine is used. DEPENDENCIES
The Audio Server must run on a system that has audio hardware. Note that HP-UX for the 8MB 705 System does not include audio software. AUTHOR
The Audio Server was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
audio(5), asecure(1M), attributes(1), convert(1), send_sound(1). aserver(1M)