Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers command help, how do i list the users of a group? Post 41120 by google on Monday 29th of September 2003 04:13:48 PM
Old 09-29-2003
Chalk this one up as a freebie. According to the site rules, no homework questions allowed!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How do you list users in a solaris group

I need to list all users in a group. This is a large unix site running nis+. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillbates
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to add users to group

does a command exist to add users to more than one group? i think the usermod command can do this but i'm not really sure. past ways of me doing this has always been to just hack the /etc/group file and put the user in whatever group i need him to be in. however, vi..ing files like /etc/groups... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
2 Replies

3. AIX

Max users in a group ?

Hi All, Does anyone know if there is a maximum limit to the number of users that can be assigned to a group. I currently have on a production server 900+ users in 1 group. I know some of these users are no longer valid as we only have 500 employees and not all employees use this application. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anmiller
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH for a group of users ?

Hi, Can any one tell me is it possible to setup private key public key pairing(SSH ) for a group of users , instead of setting it up for individual users ? Eg: Say i have 3 users A,B and C and i want the users to connect to SERVER1. instead of generating public private keys for each user , is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepusunil
3 Replies

5. Linux

Command for list of active/disabled users

Hi, I want to know the command for finding out the list of active/disabled users in Linux System. Model:x86_64. Rev:2.6.9 Thanks in advance for your help Mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How can i allow only a group of users in NIS?

Hello experts. I am using Solaris10. How can i allow a group of users, remaining should be deny. Thanx in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List ALL users in a Unix Group (Primary and Secondary)

Is there a command or better combination of cmds that will give me the list of Unix users in a particular Unix group whether their primary group is that group in question (information stored in /etc/passwd) or they are in a secondary group (information stored in /etc/group). So far all I got... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

users per group

hi guys I am trying to display a list of groups and the respective users: Group1 : user1 user2 user3 .... the closest thing I get is echo " "; echo "Group Users "; echo " "; cat /etc/group |grep | grep -v nfswhich I really don't since I want to remove the other stuff like x : and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list primary group of users

Dear All I am facing a problem with my script. I have to found the primary group of users . So first I selected all the groups and users register from a specific user : ONE Then I am making a file with all groups attached to the user : ONE Then I am making a file with all... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX command to display Owner,Group,Root and Subdirectories list

Hi Team, Am a newbie to Unix. As I would like to see the Server Name,Owner Name ( not numeric form), Group Name ( not numeric ID), ROOT path. I would like to send this list as an attachment to my personal mail. Can any one please help me out to to resolve this . Here is the sample result... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
6 Replies
DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						      DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-preconfigure - let packages ask questions prior to their installation SYNOPSIS
dpkg-preconfigure [options] package.deb dpkg-preconfigure --apt DESCRIPTION
dpkg-preconfigure lets packages ask questions before they are installed. It operates on a set of debian packages, and all packages that use debconf will have their config script run so they can examine the system and ask questions. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. -pvalue, --priority=value Set the lowest priority of questions you are interested in. Any questions with a priority below the selected priority will be ignored and their default answers will be used. --terse Enables terse output mode. This affects only some frontends. --apt Run in apt mode. It will expect to read a set of package filenames from stdin, rather than getting them as parameters. Typically this is used to make apt run dpkg-preconfigure on all packages before they are installed. To do this, add something like this to /etc/apt/apt.conf: // Pre-configure all packages before // they are installed. DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs { "dpkg-preconfigure --apt --priority=low"; }; -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)