Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux why is fortran used to port linux to others? Post 41111 by Synbios on Monday 29th of September 2003 03:48:32 PM
Old 09-29-2003
Please rephrase your question I have no idea what you are talking about.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Port Linux Driver to Unix

I looking for someone who can help me port a Linux Driver to a OpenBSD( OS X ) Unix Driver. The driver is for a Logic Controls LD9000 USB Customer Display. The currently don't have a driver for the mac operating system, but they do however have one for the Linux OS. So, I am just trying to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghost1
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to port windows dlls to linux

Hi all, I have an application which will run in both windows as well as Linux. I ported it long back and it is working well. Now we need to extend the functionality ,so i have written .dll's for Windows.These dll's have certain dependancies as well.And these are sucessful in windows. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platso
1 Replies

3. Linux

Linux Port Unreachable

All, I have to servers (NT and REL4). We can access the application on NT from Linux but we cannot access the applications on Linux when accessed from NT. The applicaiton is running on Linux with some IP:Port. When we try to access that application from NT, it says that the port is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: The One
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Setting up port mirroring on LINUX

Hello everyone. I am supposed to configure port mirroring on Linux (the LAN traffic needs to be routed to the other interface and passed a copy to network monitoring software): eth0 - connected to local traffic eth1 - connected to the Internet The machine is running CentOS v4.4 (Server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reminiscent
1 Replies

5. Programming

Automatic port selection using C in Linux?

Hi What would be the correct way to get the port number for a free port, using C in Linux? I've tried to create() and bind() a socket without specifying the port, and that seems to work in some cases (using gcc, and some Linux dist). When compiling with the Intel Icc64 compiler I suddenly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GeorgeCostanza
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux - How to Open a Port

Hi, I would like to open a specific port for use with a bespoke application. Before everyone points me to other threads - I read a few but couldn't find any specific to my problem. Iptables / firewall is disabled SELinux is also disabled I would just like to assign this port to this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to open port in linux

hi experts, I'm using Linux Centos kernel 2.6 Here is the print out of some my port : tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:10080 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:10081 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling FORTRAN into Linux

Hello, I use Linux on Ubuntu 12.04. I have a fortran script with extension .f and I want to compile it to an executable file in linux. I have used this command: f77 -o snp_hwe.exe snp_hwe.f But I receive this error: (.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main' collect2: ld returned 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Homa
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)