Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Linux Mandrake 9.1 running on Vmware workstation 4 Post 41055 by NewINLinux on Sunday 28th of September 2003 09:26:50 PM
Old 09-28-2003
Linux Mandrake 9.1 running on Vmware workstation 4

Im running WinXp and just recently installed VMware workstation v4 to emulate Linux Mandrake 9.1. It succesfully installed..
Situation:

My xp home edition is static on a linksys router it is my host computer..
Linux is running on Vmware as guest operation system..
Im not sure how to configure internet correctly on linux cause its not working.. What are the step needed for me to troubleshoot this matter..

Thanks, for anyone who can answer my question.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VMWare Workstation for home lab

I was wondering if anyone has used VMWare Workstation? I wanted to practice and learn Unix in a networking environment and have my own home lab. However room and money prevent me from buying several computers to do so. Any input would help thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder191
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/Linux Distributions on VMware Workstation 6?

Which distributions are known to have great performance, but also excellent ease of use and compatibility on VMware Workstation 6? I have 2GB of real RAM in my system and Windows Vista Home Premium as a host operating system. I can almost always get away with alotting up to 1GB of RAM for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrrrrrNiceGuy
1 Replies

3. Solaris

internet on solaris10 running on vmware workstation...

HI Admins, I am trying to run internet on solaris 10 on vmware workstation 6.5.. I have vista on my laptop. I tried following: 1. enabling DHCP and NAT on virtual network editor...for NAT I tried vmnet host:vmnet0 start/stop. 2. ifconfig -a showing pcn0 running for both ipv4 and ipv6....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

4. Solaris

NIS on vmware workstation

Hi Admins, I just have a doubt on NIS that, is it possible to run NIS on vmware workstation running more than 1 solaris instances. i.e. can we setup one solaris instance as master and others as slaves...?? I have vista on my laptop. I am concern about the domain name it will ask while... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies

5. Linux

vmware workstation

i have following :- fedora 16 x 64bit kernel 3.2.7-1 vmware workstation 8.0.2. Steps to install vmware workstation to access ESX machine 1- sh vmware name.bundle 2- setup started and completed with out any warning. 3- when i type "vmware " then "VMware Module Updater Started" and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engrtahir2007
2 Replies
LINSYSFS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						       LINSYSFS(5)

NAME
linsysfs -- Linux system file system SYNOPSIS
linsys /compat/linux/sys linsysfs rw 0 0 DESCRIPTION
The Linux system file system, or linsysfs, emulates a subset of the Linux sys file system and is required for the complete operation of some Linux binaries. The linsysfs provides a two-level view of devices. At the highest level, PCI devices themselves are named, according to their bus, slot and function in the system hierarchy. PCI storage devices are listed in the scsi_host class with a device symlink to the PCI directories of the devices. Each device node is a directory containing some files and directories: host A place holder for storage host information. pci_id A directory for the pci_id that contains either the device information or another directory structure for a PCI bridge. Each host node of scsi_host is a directory containing some files and directories: proc_name The Linux registered driver name for these devices. device A symlink to the PCI device directory. FILES
/compat/linux/sys The normal mount point for linsysfs. /compat/linux/sys/class/scsi_host The storage host node. /compat/linux/sys/devices/pci0000:00 The PCI device hierarchy node. EXAMPLES
The most common usage follows: mount -t linsysfs linsys /compat/linux/sys where /compat/linux/sys is a mount point. SEE ALSO
nmount(2), unmount(2), linprocfs(5), pseudofs(9) HISTORY
The linsysfs driver first appeared in FreeBSD 6.2. AUTHORS
The linsysfs driver was derived from linprocfs by Doug Ambrisko. This manual page was edited by Doug Ambrisko, based on the linprocfs(5) manual page by Garrett Wollman. BSD
February 5, 2007 BSD