Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to install Solaris 9 on X86 Post 40953 by JaredsNew on Thursday 25th of September 2003 08:09:51 PM
Old 09-25-2003
Yes, let's trade

Hey, I'd be interested in trading for the cram session.

Do you have broadband?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install drivers Solaris 10 x86

I am trying to figure out a way to install drivers for a network card. I have a 3C905C-TXM 3Com card that appeared to check out on Solaris's Web Site. I found what I thought was a driver, although that may not be the case, because the instructions asked me to copy-and-paste the contents into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jody
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem after Install SUN solaris x86

after install solaris x86 on my computer success, but it can't boot. When the machine start, and i choose option 1 - default, it shows "W" on screen and system restart . Anyone can help me. My computer : dual core - 1gb ram - x86 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
7 Replies

3. Solaris

x86 Install stops with a /cdrom error

Hi, I have a DVD burned iso image of Solaris 10 for x86 and trying to install it on an PowerSpec PC with 2 - DVD drives. The DVD image won't boot from the top DVD drive so I put it in the second one and it boots. The installation gets to the following prompt: "You may need to manually eject the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpollard001
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive?

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive? Is there a way to boot from a flash stick or install it through a network? Any help will be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Apache Install error on Solaris 10 x86

I am trying to install apache on a sun server (Solaris 10 x86) but when I execute the compile i have the following error; configure failed for srclib/apr Can anybody help with this. Thanks for the usual help oh-daa (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oh-daa
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How can i install oracle 10g on x86

Please guide me to install oracle 10g in x86 machine running solaris10. I tried the method that is distributed with the Oracle cd, but i finds it to be too complicated for me to complete. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Install using a ZFS FLAR on x86

Hi, Been rattling my brain on this one, trying to install multiple systems using the FLASH method from a cdrom booted image s10u10, with flar image hosted on a FTP server.. System installs fine with traditional install, and can use the flash procedure using ufs image but not zfs filesystem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gt71027
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris Live Media x86 Install

Unix Buddies Burned download to DVD-R. Booted it. It dropped me at a command line. Is it working properly? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris User
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Is it safe to install x86 Solaris 10 U6 after installed-Linux-and-FreeBSD?

I've installed Slack 14.2 on /dev/sda1 (/dev/sda2 is swap) and FreeBSD 12 on /dev/sda3 and lilo is the boot manager. FreeBSD slices are as follows; / on /dev/ada0S3a, swap on /dev/ada0s3e, /var on /dev/ada0s3b, /tmp on /dev/ada0s3d and /usr on /dev/ada0s3f. I hesitate to install Solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
2 Replies
gnome-session-save(1)                                              User Commands                                             gnome-session-save(1)

NAME
gnome-session-save - saves or terminates the current GNOME session SYNOPSIS
gnome-session-save [--kill] [--gui] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
gnome-session-save can be used from a GNOME session to save a snapshot of the currently running applications. This session will be restored at your next GNOME startup session. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --gui Shows a dialog when the session is saved, and reports errors in dialog boxes instead of printing to stderr. --kill Terminates the GNOME session. gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Saving the user's current session example% gnome-session-save Example 2: Terminating the user's current session example% gnome-session-save --kill Example 3: Using the GUI to terminate the user's current session example% gnome-session-save --kill --gui EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-session-sThe command-line executable for the application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-session | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-std-options(5), default.session(5), gnome-smproxy(1), gnome-session(1) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 13 Jan 2003 gnome-session-save(1)