Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux df command in linux vs. Solaris Post 40934 by kregh99 on Thursday 25th of September 2003 09:29:16 AM
Old 09-25-2003
Found it on my own. -t in Solaris is for show totals, not type. I just removed the -t and the script worked perfectly under linux.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

df command on Linux and Solaris

Hello all, Does anyone know how to fix this? My directory is mounted from a Soalris Server and both Solaris and Linux Client are mountting my directory. But when I use df and awk together the reset are different on the platform. under Solaris clinet I get whant I want: df -k... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larry
1 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris equivalent to the linux screen command

hi there is there a solaris equivalent to the linux screen command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milhan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script runs fine in Solaris, in Linux hangs at wait command

HI, I have a strange problem. A shell script that runs fine on solaris. when i ported to linux, it started hanging. here is the core of the script CFG_FILE=tab25.cfg sort -t "!" -k 2 ${CFG_FILE} | egrep -v "^#|^$" | while IFS="!" read a b c do #echo "jobs output" #jobs #echo "jobs... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksaravanan
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux column(1) from util-linux-ng for Solaris? Which *.pkg to install?

Hi On Linux systems there is a command called "column". column - columnate lists Synopsis column -tx] -c columns] -s sep] file ...] Description The column utility formats its input into multiple columns. Rows are filled before columns. Input is taken from file operands, or,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on ps tree listing command - Linux/Solaris

Hi all, Can any guru please help on how I can tweak the following ps command so that it only shows the lines that I wanted. $ command ps -HAcl -F S -A f F S UID PID PPID CLS PRI ADDR SZ WCHAN RSS PSR STIME TTY TIME CMD 4 S root 1 0 TS 24 - 2592 ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

6. Programming

Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer?

Hi all What is the qualification required by Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer as to gain complete knowledge on computers. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with awk command between Linux and Solaris

Hi, Here is the output using bash profile on Linux uptime 04:59:14 up 16 days, 4:48, 2 users, load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.20 Here is the output using bash profile on Solaris uptime 4:00am up 84 day(s), 22:21, 3 users, load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.12 Now,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Generic command for Memory usuage on Linux and Solaris

Hi, I m using the below commands to find out the RAM and SWAP Memory usage on Linux. free -m while I m using the below for Solaris prstat -cZ 1 1 Is there a generic command that I can used for both Linux and Solaris to get RAM and SWAP memory usage ? (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command works on Linux but fails on Solaris.

Hi, I am looking for a generic find command that works on both Linux and Solaris. I have the below command that works fine on Linux but fails on solaris.find /web/config -type f '(' -name '*.txt' -or -name '*.xml' -name '*.pro' ')' Fails on SunOS mysolaris 5.10 Generic_150400-61 sun4v sparc... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)							   User Commands							 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script - make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [options] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file type- script. OPTIONS
-a, --append Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c, --command command Run the command rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e, --return Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f, --flush Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: one person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo', and another can supervise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. --force Allow the default output destination, i.e. the typescript file, to be a hard or symbolic link. The command will follow a symbolic link. -q, --quiet Be quiet. -t, --timing[=file] Output timing data to standard error, or to file when given. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. -V, --version Output version information and exit. -h, --help Output help and exit. NOTES
The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux September 2011 SCRIPT(1)