Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C compiling
Top Forums Programming C compiling Post 4085 by ober5861 on Wednesday 18th of July 2001 08:59:38 AM
Old 07-18-2001
Bug

That's right, I didn't even look at that. Should be <stdio.h>

ie. standard input/output... don't know where you got the U.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling

would anyone know of a good online tutorial on compiling and installing tarballs? i'm looking for one that assumes that you know very little to nothing about unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nydel
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling qt

i am trying to compile and install free qt for x11 2.2.4 in order to use kde 2.1. i'm using freebsd 4.3 i currently have XFree86 installed and working. i followed these instructions: ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/INSTALL i get through the unpacking fine and i set my .profile. --... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nydel
2 Replies

3. Programming

compiling

I am new to unix so please forgive ignorance. I am running openbsd-2.9 and need some help. All the software I run was added via the package system openbsd has. There have been times when I need an app. But it was not in the openbsd ports and or packages system. I usually just wait for it to show up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
1 Replies

4. AIX

compiling with aix 5.1

Hello, i will compile php and apache on an aix 5.1. Configure works fine. When i start the make the following error appears: /usr/include/sys/context.h:155: parse error before "sigset64_t" /usr/include/sys/context.h:158: parse error before '}' token make: 1254-004 The error code from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: n-may
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

compiling the RRDtool

I tried to compile the RRDtool on HP-UX (IA56). I have gcc-3.4.3 and perl 5.8.0 I got this: Writing Makefile for RRDs cd perl-shared && make /opt/perl/bin/perl /opt/perl/lib/5.8.0/ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap /opt/perl/lib/5.8.0/ExtUtils/typemap RRDs.xs > RRDs.xsc && mv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalin
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

re-compiling

I have a problem. How can I be sure that the binary currently in production is the binary originally produced by the compiler? I ask because recompiling the sources (ALL sources + stripping away the metadata: strip ...) does not give the same result. I am pretty sure that I wasn't hacked! ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aViking
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Compiling programs

Hi guys i have posted a thread months ago and a guy called dukenuke or smething like that told me that i have to install Sun Studio if i want to be able to compile programs. I have installed Sun Studio 12 and put it in my PATH but no success compiling anything. when i download some source (tar.gz)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saveka
2 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling with Dll in HP Ux

Hi all, I had trouble compiling my application with a custom dll, the error appear to be some undefined reference to the functions i had created in my dll. Is there a need to update any environmental variable such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH as in linux system. Please advise. One more thing is do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Problem in HP-UX compiling

Hi When im trying to do make --version and make --help in HP-UX it throws error Make: Unknown flag argument -. Stop. a soft link is present in this directory /usr/bin/make and hard link is in /usr/ccs/bin/make what could be the reason can any1 ..please tell me how to solve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

10. Linux

kernel compiling

Hello, I have several questions to get awnsered about the newer linux kernels (2.6.25) and above. 1st question: Ive read that the newer kernels you can compile the marvell sd8686 driver from the source. can anyone confrim this? only binaries i see for that driver are for 2.6.24 and im already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: old noob
0 Replies
libcaca-tutorial(3caca) 					      libcaca						   libcaca-tutorial(3caca)

NAME
libcaca-tutorial - A libcaca tutorial First, a very simple working program, to check for basic libcaca functionalities. #include <caca.h> int main(void) { caca_canvas_t *cv; caca_display_t *dp; caca_event_t ev; dp = caca_create_display(NULL); if(!dp) return 1; cv = caca_get_canvas(dp); caca_set_display_title(dp, 'Hello!'); caca_set_color_ansi(cv, CACA_BLACK, CACA_WHITE); caca_put_str(cv, 0, 0, 'This is a message'); caca_refresh_display(dp); caca_get_event(dp, CACA_EVENT_KEY_PRESS, &ev, -1); caca_free_display(dp); return 0; } What does it do? o Create a display. Physically, the display is either a window or a context in a terminal (ncurses, slang) or even the whole screen (VGA). o Get the display's associated canvas. A canvas is the surface where everything happens: writing characters, sprites, strings, images... It is unavoidable. Here the size of the canvas is set by the display. o Set the display's window name (only available in windowed displays, does nothing otherwise). o Set the current canvas colours to black background and white foreground. o Write the string 'This is a message' onto the canvas, using the current colour pair. o Refresh the display, causing the text to be effectively displayed. o Wait for an event of type CACA_EVENT_KEY_PRESS. o Free the display (release memory). Since it was created together with the display, the canvas will be automatically freed as well. You can then compile this code on an UNIX-like system using the following commans (requiring pkg-config and gcc): gcc `pkg-config --libs --cflags caca` example.c -o example Version 0.99.beta18 Fri Apr 6 2012 libcaca-tutorial(3caca)