Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to install Solaris 9 on X86 Post 40826 by dennisca on Wednesday 24th of September 2003 12:09:29 AM
Old 09-24-2003
JaredsNew do u have solaris 9 for Intel

I have 8 put i would like version 9 for intel.

Do u have the CD's I have the cram sessions for solaris 9 if you would like that in exchange.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install drivers Solaris 10 x86

I am trying to figure out a way to install drivers for a network card. I have a 3C905C-TXM 3Com card that appeared to check out on Solaris's Web Site. I found what I thought was a driver, although that may not be the case, because the instructions asked me to copy-and-paste the contents into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jody
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem after Install SUN solaris x86

after install solaris x86 on my computer success, but it can't boot. When the machine start, and i choose option 1 - default, it shows "W" on screen and system restart . Anyone can help me. My computer : dual core - 1gb ram - x86 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
7 Replies

3. Solaris

x86 Install stops with a /cdrom error

Hi, I have a DVD burned iso image of Solaris 10 for x86 and trying to install it on an PowerSpec PC with 2 - DVD drives. The DVD image won't boot from the top DVD drive so I put it in the second one and it boots. The installation gets to the following prompt: "You may need to manually eject the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpollard001
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive?

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive? Is there a way to boot from a flash stick or install it through a network? Any help will be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Apache Install error on Solaris 10 x86

I am trying to install apache on a sun server (Solaris 10 x86) but when I execute the compile i have the following error; configure failed for srclib/apr Can anybody help with this. Thanks for the usual help oh-daa (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oh-daa
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How can i install oracle 10g on x86

Please guide me to install oracle 10g in x86 machine running solaris10. I tried the method that is distributed with the Oracle cd, but i finds it to be too complicated for me to complete. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Install using a ZFS FLAR on x86

Hi, Been rattling my brain on this one, trying to install multiple systems using the FLASH method from a cdrom booted image s10u10, with flar image hosted on a FTP server.. System installs fine with traditional install, and can use the flash procedure using ufs image but not zfs filesystem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gt71027
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris Live Media x86 Install

Unix Buddies Burned download to DVD-R. Booted it. It dropped me at a command line. Is it working properly? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris User
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Is it safe to install x86 Solaris 10 U6 after installed-Linux-and-FreeBSD?

I've installed Slack 14.2 on /dev/sda1 (/dev/sda2 is swap) and FreeBSD 12 on /dev/sda3 and lilo is the boot manager. FreeBSD slices are as follows; / on /dev/ada0S3a, swap on /dev/ada0s3e, /var on /dev/ada0s3b, /tmp on /dev/ada0s3d and /usr on /dev/ada0s3f. I hesitate to install Solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
2 Replies