Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to configure the lp system to filter files passed to it Post 40751 by davidg on Tuesday 23rd of September 2003 03:43:23 AM
Old 09-23-2003
Something of :

/etc/lp/interface/
or
/var/spool/interface

This is where your interface scripts are. I don't have the possebility to look at exact location right now.

Regs David

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

How to configure SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 mail system MMDF

Hello unix experts, Here I have couple of questions regarding MMDF mail system on SCO unix: 1. How can I configure SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 mail system MMDF to send emails using "mail" command to other machines in the same LAN? 2. How can I configure SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 mail system MMDF to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumuser7
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get files names passed to a script

I need to get files names passed to a script. Here number of files passed may vary like MyScript.ksh file1 file2 file3..... so on I am writting script somthing like this set -A Files while (i<=$#) do File=$i let i=i+1 done Is this correct way doing this. Is there any other way.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unishiva
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To get PID of a command passed to a secondary system

Hi Reqmt: I am working on Sys 1 and passes a command to Sys2 using a utility which has ssh coded in it. Is there any way to get the process id of the command in Sys 2 from my Sys1 ? Note: The utility is not editable, so you cannot get it through it and I am not logged in in Sys2. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anu_math9
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure system for mail(x)

Hi, I would like to make a BASH shell script email me regarding its status (ie. it has errored while processing a file, it has finished etc.). - This script will be distributed to users using Macs and a variety of Linux flavors. Is there a standard mail utility that most OS's should have? I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Configure disk array in RAID5 and create file system

I'm new to forums, it's my first time posting. I have a sun v490 server. I just installed solaris 10.6, on the local drives. I'm being asked to do the following: For Oracle install I need “oracle” user that belong to “dba” and “oinstall” groups. File system /u01/app/oracle, 10GB (if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file passed as an argurement and assessing the files syntax

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

System V printing filter

First, please excuse my apparent lack of attempt as this is NOT the case. I have attempted to research this for hours and realize I am way out of my league. I am not a programmer, especially in Unix. I have an old Alpha Unix system with a program that prints to a network printer using the LPR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ken_Snauffer
4 Replies

8. Programming

Configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required

I am trying to compile thunar 1.8.4. It is giving me this error. configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required Ubuntu Mate 18.04 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies
uucico(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                uucico(1M)

NAME
uucico - file transport program for the uucp system SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/uucp/uucico [-f] [-c type] [-d spool-directory] [-i interface] [-r role-number] [-s system-name] [-x debug-level] DESCRIPTION
uucico is the file transport program for uucp work file transfers. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f This option is used to "force execution" of uucico by ignoring the limit on the maximum number of uucicos defined in the /etc/uucp/Limits file. -c type The first field in the Devices file is the "Type" field. The -c option forces uucico to only use entries in the "Type" field that match the user specified type. The specified type is usually the name of a local area network. -d spool-directory This option specifies the directory spool-directory that contains the uucp work files to be transferred. The default spool directory is /var/spool/uucp. -i interface This option defines the interface used with uucico. The interface only affects slave mode. Known interfaces are UNIX (default), TLI (basic Transport Layer Interface), and TLIS (Transport Layer Interface with Streams modules, read/write). -r role-number The role-number 1 is used for master mode. role-number 0 is used for slave mode (default). When uucico is started by a program or cron, role-number 1 should be used for master mode. -s system-name The -s option defines the remote system (system-name) that uucico will try to contact. It is required when the role is master; system-name must be defined in the Systems file. -x debug-level Both uux and uucp queue jobs that will be transferred by uucico. These jobs are normally started by the uusched scheduler, for debugging purposes, and can be started manually. For example, the shell Uutry starts uucico with debugging turned on. The debug-level is a number between 0 and 9. Higher numbers give more detailed debugging information. FILES
/etc/uucp/Devconfig /etc/uucp/Devices /etc/uucp/Limits /etc/uucp/Permissions /etc/uucp/Sysfiles /etc/uucp/Systems /var/spool/locks/* /var/spool/uucp/* /var/spool/uucppublic/* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbnuu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
uucp(1C), uustat(1C), uux(1C), Uutry(1M), cron(1M), uusched(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 19 May 1993 uucico(1M)