Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: check sum error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers check sum error Post 40710 by cubicle^dweller on Monday 22nd of September 2003 08:23:53 AM
Old 09-22-2003
the backup script uses "backup" command and not tar.

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ERROR in :-Find SUM of a particular column

Hi, I have a text file as shown below:- $cat hpdbdv01.out -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle 35517583 May 4 2005 /tmp/eai/eai_obj1.dmp.Z -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle 8733 May 4 2005 /tmp/eai/eai_obj2.dmp.Z -rw-rw-rw- 1 oracle 18869248 Jun 24 2005 /tmp/edw.dmp -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiagoo
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error check

How would I go about an error check within a script. For example, if I have a script that I know might contain an error with a certain command, is there a way to give an alternate command if the first fails? The best way I can explain it, is from the Mac world, using Applescript. With AS, I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
1 Replies

3. AIX

"tar" Check sum error

I have a tar file that contains some 50 files in it. while trying to untar i get a checksum error. iam unable to retreive the fiiles from that. Can anyone please help me...? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaa
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sum up a decimal column in a tab separated text file and error handling

Hi, I have a small requirement where i need to sum up a column in a text file. Input file 66ab 000000 534385 -00000106350.00 66cd 000000 534485 -00013364511.00 66ad 000000 534485 -00000426548.00 672a 000000 534485 000000650339.82... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print sum and relative value of the sum

Hi i data looks like this: student 1 Subject1 45 55 Subject2 44 55 Subject3 33 44 // student 2 Subject1 45 55 Subject2 44 55 Subject3 33 44 i would like to sum $2, $3 (marks) and divide each entry in $2 and $3 with their respective sums and print for each student as $4 and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error Check

Hi, I am wirting a script to check the informatica services are running. I am executing a CONFIG FILE before starting the check.. This config file will be having all the ENV Variables..that will be used in the script. I wanted to first check if the Config file has be executed. If its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check error

I have a script is as below , if the output of the script is 0 , then echo abc . script1 if ]; then echo abc fi Can advise if I would like to change it , check the output , if the output only have the wold "0" , then echo abc , if the output have other word , then do nothing , can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file. # unzip -v my-application.ear Archive: my-application.ear Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name -------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ---- 197981 Defl:N 183708 7%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum working but getting syntax error - awk

Hi, I am using the following command to get the sum and it is working correctly but I am getting syntax error as well. # ------------------------------------------------------------------------ # Adding awk command support for SunOS -- use nawk for SunOS #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuuunnnn
3 Replies
BACKUP_HELP(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_HELP(8)

NAME
       backup_help - Displays help for backup commands

SYNOPSIS
       backup help [-topic <help string>+] [-admin] [-help]

backup h [-t <help string>+] [-a] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The backup help command displays the complete online help entry (short description and syntax statement) for each operation code specified
       by the -topic argument. If the -topic argument is omitted, the output includes the first line (name and short description) of the online
       help entry for every backup command.

To list every backup command whose name or short description includes a specified keyword, use the backup apropos command.

OPTIONS
       -topic <help string>+
	   Indicates each command for which to display the complete online help entry. Omit the backup part of the command name, providing only
	   the operation code (for example, specify dump, not backup dump). If this argument is omitted, the output briefly describes every backup
	   command.

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

OUTPUT
       The online help entry for each backup command consists of the following two or three lines:

o   The first line names the command and briefly describes its function.

o   The second line lists aliases for the command, if any.

o   The final line, which begins with the string "Usage", lists the command's options in the prescribed order. Online help entries use the
	   same symbols (for example, brackets) as the reference pages in this document.

EXAMPLES
       The following example displays the online help entry for the backup dump command:

% backup help dump
	  backup dump: start dump
	  Usage: backup dump -volumeset <volume set name> -dump <dump level name>
	  [-portoffset <TC port offset>]  [-at <Date/time to start dump>+]
	  [-append]  [-n]  [-file <load file>]	[-help]

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       None

SEE ALSO
       backup(8), backup_apropos(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							    BACKUP_HELP(8)