Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: regarding backup
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers regarding backup Post 40666 by OllieTech on Saturday 20th of September 2003 09:44:36 PM
Old 09-20-2003
I read this the other day in my Linux Journal and it sounds like what you are looking for. I have not used it at all, so I can not give you any personal opinion on it.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6808

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The best backup

I am taking a class all about linux. Where where asked to find the best backup program. We never did agree and are system was set up with scp because some one already knew how to use it and thus the quickest to set up. Great example of legacy support. However, on my computer i do not have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup

Dear All I have an HP 9000/800 UNIX machine , I have also Oracle applications 11i installed on it , we tried to take backup using fbackup command but it skipped some files ( was for database and the database was up and running ) but it took the other database files. I need to know also ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hisham.hamdy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

4. SCO

Backup to SCSI Tape Backup aborts

I am trying to make a full backup of my system using the cpio command. The Tape Unit is a SCSI DDS. The process started fine but after about 30 minutes, it just stopped and showed the following message: 1755 Signal 31 - Core dumped Any idea of what is causing this and how to fix it? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionpc
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Backup to CD ????? any one know how to do ???

hi, am trying to backup data on cd, cuz i don not have tape device....!!! i've rewritable CDROM, am using solaris 10 for x86 on vmware ..... how to make a backup data to a cd_rom againist to tape ? # ufsdump 0f cd_rom (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sasame
1 Replies

6. AIX

backup

hi seniors today i took a backup using tar cmd in this i took two files for backup,backup was done succesfully but while viewing using tar -tvf ------- its showiing only one file at a time and i took backup in /etc/hosts,/etc/sen/nes (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

backup a file and keep every version of the backup

I am trying to backup my .bash_history and I want to keep every version of the backup. I am thinking to put one of these in my crontab. 0 0 * * 0,3 cat .bash_history > boo 0 0 * * 0,3 cp .bash_history boo I would like the backups to be called boo1, boo2, boo3, etc. I would like to keep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies
debpear(1)						      General Commands Manual							debpear(1)

NAME
debpear - automatically builds and installs PEAR packages as Debian packages SYNOPSIS
debpear [options] <pear-package-name> DESCRIPTION
debpear is a tool to automatically create and build a Debian package out of a PHP PEAR package. It will download the PEAR package from pear.php.net, then by looking into it, create the corresponding Debian package, and eventually also installs it. PARAMETERS
<pear-package-name> Defines the PEAR package name you want to install, as seen on the http://pear.php.net/ site. Make sure respect the case in the name of the package (for example: Package_NAME). OPTIONS
--build-dir|-b Specify the directory where the Debian package will be built. --verbose|-v Makes debpear more verbose. --channel|-c channel Specify the URL channel of the PEAR package. Currently not implemented: please contribute! --tarball|-t tarball --pkg-version|-pv pkg-version [ --wget|-w URL ] Do not use "pear download" to optain the PEAR package from upstream authors. Instead, use tarball and use pkg-version when building the package. Eventually also download the tarball from URL using wget before building. --install|-i Install the resulting debian package in your system. Note that you must be root to use this option. If you aren't root, then debpear will try to get root using sudo. EXAMPLE
debpear -i Auth_RADIUS This will create a php-auth-radius package in ./build-area, and automatically install it. Because it's written in the package.xml shipped with Auth_RADIUS at pear.php.net, php-auth-radius will depend on php5-radius. debpear -t current.tgz -pv 1.3.1 -w http://downloads.jasig.org/cas-clients/php/current.tgz CAS Downloads cas-clients from http://downloads.jasig.org/cas-clients/php/current.tgz, as current.tgz in the current directory, then builds it as if it was downloaded as CAS-1.3.1.tgz by "pear download". IMPORTANT
Note that the debian/copyright file generated by debpear isn't good enough for redistribution of the created packages. You should carefuly review the PEAR package license before doing so. Also, debpear has been created for convenience, but it will never replace the manual work of an experienced Debian maintainer for creating PEAR packages. It can, however, be used to create a template pack- age quickly, before a careful review, in order to save time building a Debian PEAR package. AUTHORS
debpear has been written by Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>, and is maintained inside the PKG PHP PEAR Debian team, that can be reached at: <pkg-php-pear@lists.alioth.debian.org>. debpear(1)