Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: installation question
Operating Systems Linux SuSE installation question Post 40664 by thenewestuser on Saturday 20th of September 2003 08:21:45 PM
Old 09-20-2003
thanx alot..
that worked (altho my dad bought me redhat 9 so im using both now =P)Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Important question about Solaris Installation.

Hello There , When i try to install Solaris 8 on my machine, at the Select Disk option, it present 4 pull down menu, each menu has four options, like Other, PRI DOS, Solaris, X86Boot. What is PRI DOS, X86Boot options ? Are these 4 menu are 4 diffirent partitions we can make in a hard disk ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

2. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie's question about COBOL Installation in Unix

I wanna to install a COBOL on the AIX unix server. Would u like to tell me the disk usage of COBOL installation? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

4. Solaris

OSI 9.0 Installation some question

Hi. I get the folloing message if i try to start the osinet deamon: # /etc/rc2.d/S90osinet start starting osi daemonunable to unload all the osi modules some OSI applications may be running unable to start OSI daemon # Has anyone an idea what is going wrong? Answers to mail: (Note... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morenqfj
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

jdk installation question

hi, i just "yum install jdk*.i386" and installation was complete without any error. however, i tried to #javac helloworld " and javac is not found in the $PATH. i tried to locate it and didn't find it. would anyone shed some light on where the "yum install" installed my jdk to? where can i find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

installation question / vnc setup

hi, i am a new fedora9 user. i always confused about the usage of rpm and hope someone may clarify along with the VNC setup. let me use vnc installation as an example. I downloaded vnc rpm package from the official web site and it was automatically saved to /home/henry .. ok then i cd to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k2k
1 Replies

7. BSD

Complete noob question: Software installation

I'm a Linux guy who is tring out BSD for the first time... What is the BSD program to automatically fetch and and install software? Is it pkg_add? Will pkg_add automatically fetch and and install software? Does it work on all BSD variants? This is all I could find, but I wanted to make... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biznatch
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Oracle Database 10g installation question

I wanted to ask how do i assign the control files and archive log to be stored in different volume? I didn't come through any selection for that during the GUI installation. :) Thanks in advance for any reply. p/s: I will appreciate it also if anyone can provide me a link for me to go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux installation question?

Hi I accidentally installed another operating system after I had installed Linux and now I can no longer access your Linux system.any solution? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adam25bc
1 Replies

10. SCO

Sco 5.0.7 installation question

Is there a way to install the "hpsas" btld for the hard disk controller during installation of the OS without having to use a Floppy disk, ie Pen drive or CD since newer servers do not include a floppy drive? If so, please include specific instructions in the answer. Thank you. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan.navarrete
8 Replies
GET_PARENT_CLASS(3)							 1						       GET_PARENT_CLASS(3)

get_parent_class - Retrieves the parent class name for object or class

SYNOPSIS
string get_parent_class ([mixed $object]) DESCRIPTION
Retrieves the parent class name for object or class. PARAMETERS
o $object - The tested object or class name. This parameter is optional if called from the object's method. RETURN VALUES
Returns the name of the parent class of the class of which $object is an instance or the name. Note If the object does not have a parent or the class given does not exist FALSE will be returned. If called without parameter outside object, this function returns FALSE. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | If called without parameter outside object, this | | | function would have returned NULL with a warning, | | | but now returns FALSE. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using get_parent_class(3) <?php class dad { function dad() { // implements some logic } } class child extends dad { function child() { echo "I'm " , get_parent_class($this) , "'s son "; } } class child2 extends dad { function child2() { echo "I'm " , get_parent_class('child2') , "'s son too "; } } $foo = new child(); $bar = new child2(); ?> The above example will output: I'm dad's son I'm dad's son too SEE ALSO
get_class(3), is_subclass_of(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_PARENT_CLASS(3)