Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: installation question
Operating Systems Linux SuSE installation question Post 40654 by norsk hedensk on Saturday 20th of September 2003 09:23:45 AM
Old 09-20-2003
dont worry! i did the ftp installation of suse also, do it right before you go to sleep because its gonna take a long time. its best to use a mirror closest to you, but this is the one i used:

you will then be asked for the source location, which is:

/pub/suse/i386/8.2

i THINK you can use /pub/suse/i386/current
which links to the current version, which is still 8.2.

id suggest you search the suse.com website for ftp mirrors that are close to you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Important question about Solaris Installation.

Hello There , When i try to install Solaris 8 on my machine, at the Select Disk option, it present 4 pull down menu, each menu has four options, like Other, PRI DOS, Solaris, X86Boot. What is PRI DOS, X86Boot options ? Are these 4 menu are 4 diffirent partitions we can make in a hard disk ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

2. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie's question about COBOL Installation in Unix

I wanna to install a COBOL on the AIX unix server. Would u like to tell me the disk usage of COBOL installation? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

4. Solaris

OSI 9.0 Installation some question

Hi. I get the folloing message if i try to start the osinet deamon: # /etc/rc2.d/S90osinet start starting osi daemonunable to unload all the osi modules some OSI applications may be running unable to start OSI daemon # Has anyone an idea what is going wrong? Answers to mail: (Note... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morenqfj
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

jdk installation question

hi, i just "yum install jdk*.i386" and installation was complete without any error. however, i tried to #javac helloworld " and javac is not found in the $PATH. i tried to locate it and didn't find it. would anyone shed some light on where the "yum install" installed my jdk to? where can i find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

installation question / vnc setup

hi, i am a new fedora9 user. i always confused about the usage of rpm and hope someone may clarify along with the VNC setup. let me use vnc installation as an example. I downloaded vnc rpm package from the official web site and it was automatically saved to /home/henry .. ok then i cd to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k2k
1 Replies

7. BSD

Complete noob question: Software installation

I'm a Linux guy who is tring out BSD for the first time... What is the BSD program to automatically fetch and and install software? Is it pkg_add? Will pkg_add automatically fetch and and install software? Does it work on all BSD variants? This is all I could find, but I wanted to make... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biznatch
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Oracle Database 10g installation question

I wanted to ask how do i assign the control files and archive log to be stored in different volume? I didn't come through any selection for that during the GUI installation. :) Thanks in advance for any reply. p/s: I will appreciate it also if anyone can provide me a link for me to go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux installation question?

Hi I accidentally installed another operating system after I had installed Linux and now I can no longer access your Linux system.any solution? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adam25bc
1 Replies

10. SCO

Sco 5.0.7 installation question

Is there a way to install the "hpsas" btld for the hard disk controller during installation of the OS without having to use a Floppy disk, ie Pen drive or CD since newer servers do not include a floppy drive? If so, please include specific instructions in the answer. Thank you. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan.navarrete
8 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)